Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. angelicapnn

angelicapnn Orbital Explorer

I already downloaded this file but how to install?

• greatsaga

greatsaga Void-Bound Voyager

I have hit an issue, and I am unsure what the cause of it is.

When I first downloaded Chicklet, it was able to open my save. However, now it can't. It endlessly loads the file after selecting it. However, if I load a new save... it works fine.

Chicklet 1.7 loaded it just fine, but the newer version doesn't.

Is there an error log I can view somewhere that might lead me to the cause? I have done some manual editing of the XML files. However, the original Stardew Valley save editor loads it fine. The save used to have mods on it too, and one or two of the mods have added things to the XML files that I have since removed... I'm not sure what the cause of it is at this point.

• 三金羊

三金羊 Space Hobo

I'm from China.
        My Chicklet can't use.
        When I click LOAD CHARACTER, it stays on the Loading and preparing data... Interface. Can you help me?
        My computer is Windows 10.
        If you can help me,please tell me in“Gold_Sheep_3@163.com”.
        Thank you.

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Is it safe to say this is an abandoned project? The last update on git was 4 months ago and none of the versions from git actually build.

I'm really disappointed with save editors for this game... There's this, written in JS and the other written in .NET, both of which don't work. Chicklet can't save the data on Wine and the one from nexusmods straight up doesn't work on Wine. I miss the 90s when pre-beta grade languages were just a pot dream in a corporate board room and everything was written in rock solid C/C++ like the Fallout save editors...

Beon likes this.
          • Aragi

Aragi Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, everytime I try to open a save, I get this error: api_response_not_valid (I'm on Mac, iOS)
            how to fix it? thanks in advance

marisadf13 likes this.
            • marisadf13

marisadf13 Orbital Explorer

same is happening for me. any solutions? (IOS Chicklet 2.0.0 Version)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
              • marisadf13

marisadf13 Orbital Explorer

right click Finder,
                click "Go To Folder"
                then paste: ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves
                click the folder with your Farmer's name and a whole bunch of numbers.
                then click the file that says that too without the "_old"
                that should work :)

• Beon

Beon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, screw that. I don't even know where it installs the program. Probably somewhere where the NET Framework is. It's infuriating not having the control over that. It also crashes just like a diablo II mod that uses the same shit. And for tech-support I need to get myself a discord account. Bah.

I just want a .zip file that I can unpack where ever I want without constantly verifying something on some server on start. Is that too old-school?

• TurkeySubb

TurkeySubb Void-Bound Voyager

Is Saving Broken?
                    it never seems to finish when i go to edit the style of my character.
                    also what is the "api_response_not_valid"

Leonhart_Skye and Th4owit like this.
                    • Th4owit

Th4owit Yeah, You!

can you please update it to work with the stardew valley co op update? saving is broken.

• businessskeleton

businessskeleton Yeah, You!

im going to guess you never finished this (2 years ago?)

"working on version 3.0 of Chicklet"

• blingpalm

blingpalm Space Hobo

Thank you so much!

• Stardream18

Stardream18 Intergalactic Tourist

tried to save my changes, got stuck in a saving loop which has been going on indefinitely

• Leonhart_Skye

Leonhart_Skye Space Hobo

Small question, why is that every time I start it I get the error "api_response_not_valid"?