NPC Child and Old NPC

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Elyso, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Elyso

Elyso Seal Broken

Everything is in the title.

In every Video I have saw, all of the NPC were adult. They are no child or old people.

I could be a more realistic population of NPC with Child and old people.

It's all.

P.S Sorry if I've made some mistake, I'm French.

ChaoticGamer, Beta and shardival like this.
  2. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

i guess... but it would make starbound delayed...

3. Phantomhearts

Phantomhearts Phantasmal Quasar

mod maybe?:whoop:

4. shardival

shardival Pangalactic Porcupine

Why? Just change a bit actual sprites - and add some behavior scripts. :)

I think that would be good idea.

5. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

"Back in my day, when I was an adventurer like you..."

6. Not really. Under that logic, the whole suggestions sub-forum is useless.

I think having children would be fine, but I could live without it.

Damuranashi likes this.
  7. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

I agree with him.

8. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

*sigh* I have to admit, I would like see kids in the game and extreamly old people....we can't have like random npc already adult thinking about is like ur wife born a adult male and om dragon sticks, what have I done to my wife...its like "chuck norris in oblivion" in youtube when the talk about the guy how they being born in the oblivion game....dang its gotta hurt and sux to be a woman...

shardival likes this.
  9. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I'd like to see some differentiation in the age groupings of NPCs.

10. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

I didn't say I didn't like the idea just seems more post release-ish...

11. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Guys. Children. NPC's die. Bad mix bro, bad mix.

12. shardival

shardival Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, second sentance was not about your comment friend :)

13. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

If we have kids there better be some way to get rid of them. While I do have to say that having kids in the game would be great and would add atmosphere in the game, I would easily get annoyed with them and want them gone as soon as possible. I swear it's impossible for kids to not be annoying in games.

Old people on the other hand, that is something I would enjoy very much. I mean think of it, imagine having a old man NPC that would recount to you stories of his past and they would be perfect characters to give advice. Old people are awesome for being able to do that and it would be amazing in my opinion to have them.

14. ChaoticGamer

(positive brain typing)
    like skyrim don't be hate-ing the kids, its the parent how they raise them. Anyway we needs kids to be more logically, feel in thoughts, and what we face in expressions. I've meet lots kids who call me "old man", booger man, Mr.Creeper, and whole bunch nick name pass by and express me many feelings in the way feel joy of positive terms.

children could put a smile on your face because they are so young and you can fill their wonders to the limited of you know in hand of knowledge that your willing give the children. Its either they will eat the fruit that you bare of teaching so that they will be shaped in your hand what they will bare either be fruitful or not or beyond what would surprised you alot. Children is the future, they are the one will shape destiny in ours time and others depends by their chose they chooses. We may decay or become the ashes again where we born from our ancestors from them from the dirt they came by as, they give life to the new born all the way to us and giving the children new to face as they get older and understand meaning of every emotions in the hearts. We all the same because we all hold emotions, bleed red, and have a "Soul".

you never know what would children do walking around bring up stories that is either true or made up. I think its kind of cute thou.

15. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

You don't put children in a game where you can tap lesser things and they blow up into billions of pieces.
    Just look at Borderlands.

And even if this isn't the reason they're not adding children, children are useless.
    Same with the elderly.

Unless the concept of "lifespan" is true in Starbound, I do not need useless children running around.
    I don't want, actually.

16. ChaoticGamer

Children aren't that useless, they are excellent in some ways, like spying on your enemies when your enemies taking a tour, they are good gathering small weird materials that could be useful. The elder aren't useless at all, it depends on which elder example a old man who been lifting weight that is 50 pound which it is still average of human's strength for normal man able carry. they are strong and you won't believed how strong they could be in the ways they could do. In meaning "people have weakness, but everyone else have different strong point they can use"

Just like skyrim, you don't aged in there cuz you can't freaking tell the year would be.

17. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

2 things about the children:
    Firstly, I don't think children have the courage to spy on cold blooded murderers.
    Secondly, if you're too lazy to get your own materials, why are you even playing a game?

And as for the elders, I guess it depends on what your definition of elder is.
    To me it's someone who lived their life out and don't even have the strength to speed-walk and all they do is sit around watching T.V. due to their brittle bones.

Now, tell me how the hell your elders lift weights.

18. Jaguarkia

Jaguarkia Big Damn Hero

I personally think that children would just be...creepy. Especially if they never age. I don't think aging is an issue in Starbound, so if kids and NPCs have different static ages...well, I don't know. I don't really see the point of it except as "filler", and think it would become more of an annoyance than anything. Plus, since there's "defenseless kids", it would just be wrong if NPCs could die (and thus the kids too).
    Really, I just don't think it would be helpful. Perhaps in NPC villages (yay for immortal children >.<), but certainly not in my home base. "Daddy, what's this button do?"

19. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

I agree with you completely.
    Children aren't going to be an asset; just useless sprites crowding up your screen.

20. ChaoticGamer

we don't use kids to be killer, they set to spy on target. Use your imagination once a while, kids are good distraction people like stuff animals or cute little pet. You don't know how kids can be useful in some ways in tools or being good family. Pretty much everyone blame the kids because its the way they were raise in by their own parents.

P.S I hope ur not trolling cuz I am suspecting someone is trolling in the forum now.