NPC Child and Old NPC

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Elyso, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jaguarkia

Jaguarkia Big Damn Hero

No offense, but I don't think you're understanding what they are saying at all. They didn't say the kids WOULD be killers, but that kids would not be brave enough to watch or spy on bad people.
    Also, children smart enough to even be capable of such a thing are usually too old to give the "aww how cute" effect. Plus, what kind of sick monster would send CHILDREN into such danger? The negatives far outweigh any positives that may or may not exist.

2. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Dude, I think they are talking from a gameplay standard, you seem to be taking things a bit too far. Kids would be a neat little addition, but completely and utterly useless in this game.

3. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

this is how the real world works as well, kids use for spy or either be like barbel from skyrim. centuries back in the knights time, they give kids few coins for information that they say the truth or any equal information.
    wut? come on, like people said that bunnies is useless for the truth bunnies aren't because they are use as food resources like people you can't call them useless because they can do something at lest.

4. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

When did I say we should use kids to kill things.
    And I don't think there is such thing as "distractions" in Starbound.
    All your claims are about stuff that aren't even in Starbound and never will be.
    No one's talking about medieval times. Not even real life. We're discussing Starbound.

And no, why would I be trolling?

5. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

What purpose would they serve in this game? It would just waste space. Bunnies were an atmospheric mob. They were useless too.

6. ChaoticGamer

figure, I use to be troller like you until I got troll baited by administrator.

you won't know how useless is if you don't use it.

7. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Dude, I'm not trolling. What makes you think that?

As a matter of fact, I think you're trolling.

8. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

RedDire is in no way trolling you, she made valid points to your argument, which seems very far-fetched and estranged.

9. I'm kind of rethinking my stance on this.
    Maybe there could just be an occasional child, that could lead you to a secret cave or something.
    Other than being involved in quests I can't really think of anything else they'd be useful for.

10. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

If this becomes a back and forth argument of who is trolling who I will just get a admin into this. Just end it now.

Exodus likes this.
  11. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Please do.

12. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

This, children can be good quest givers.
    You can go find their dollies X3

And guys, I'm done talking to that guy.
    I know when to stand down.

13. Jaguarkia

Jaguarkia Big Damn Hero

I think you have misunderstood RedDire's comments in some way. I see no trolling, nor do I see any reason for you to take any offense from what she's said so far. I think there may be a miscommunication occurring here, and I suggest you don't start throwing around inflammatory remarks. This is a discussion/suggestion thread, we're supposed to have friendly debates, but this is going a bit far.

On-topic: ...or kids could give you a quest to buy them a lollipop :rofl:

14. ChaoticGamer

...U PEDO BEAR!

15. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Now that that's over...
    What do you guys think of children with misc. items shops?

I got it, if there's a pawnbroker shop maybe kids can sell profit items.
    As in when there's a shortage of a certain item and you had already bought it from the kid you can sell it at a higher price to the pawnbroker.

I'd figure kids would find all kinds of things lying around. I know I do :)

If you played Fable III, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

16. Or maybe only kids will buy certain items. It would be cool if you could craft a Teddy Bear or something then sell it to a kid. ;)

17. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

If cotton and sheeps are in Starbound, this would be a nice little feature for children.

18. Jaguarkia

Jaguarkia Big Damn Hero

Wait. What? How does that even relate? What's wrong with buying a lollipop for a kid.

19. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

It's a cheesy old joke.
    Lollipop = Penis

20. Jaguarkia

Jaguarkia Big Damn Hero

Oh for the love of...sometimes the internet really can be depressing. :rolleyes:
    As for the idea of kids selling bits and bobs, sure, sounds plausible. Or they could give them to you if they liked you enough. As for them buying things...well, when's the last time YOU saw a little kid that was loaded with cash?