City Planets!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Khyron42, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Khyron42

Khyron42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

High tech cities. With skyscrapers. Filled with members of all the various races. Sewers below. Ruins beneath that. A city biome, planet-wide.

I know there's this whole "frontier town" thing going with the current villages, but sometimes it'd be nice to find a planet that showed some signs of real civilization. Trade hubs, populated by a milieu of various races.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. Binhao

Binhao Space Hobo

+Support, it will be biggest trade planet, all the species from the universe who will come to this planet for trade things...

CalamityQuote likes this.
  3. artykap

artykap Poptop Tamer

Fantastic idea. City planets would add so much more to the experience. Everything from sewers to sky scrapers etc.

4. MsSprite

MsSprite Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love this idea

5. Khyron42

Yay! Glad to see I'm not the only one.

It would be a hell of a set of art assets, though.

6. KridOCaign

KridOCaign Void-Bound Voyager

There should be a few of these in each sector, and their locations should either be marked immediately or learned by npc rumors. (Naturally, some rumors would be spread by space pirates to lure people into traps...)

7. Khyron42

Man, where does everybody live in the Starbound Universe?

Planet after planet of rustic villages, with the occasional apex apartment complex.

Does anyone know what the plans for human settlements are?

8. FeederChan

FeederChan Space Spelunker

They all died from the raise of the birds.

9. KridOCaign

KridOCaign Void-Bound Voyager

In terms of lore, we at the very least need facilities capable of making space ships.

CalamityQuote and Shadowsbane like this.
  10. Khyron42

Exactly. There's clearly got to be SOME infrastructure out there, even if it's only a few planets per sector. If my group of players can build a base, why aren't there other travelers building bases, trading posts?

11. Zian64

Zian64 Void-Bound Voyager

Got my vote!

12. monsterfurby

monsterfurby Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love to see that

+1

13. Khyron42

I just hope this won't be shelved as a "maybe after release" thing. In fact, I'm mildly surprised that we haven't gotten a perfunctory "Yeah yeah, those are in the works already!"

14. Esorono

Esorono Void-Bound Voyager

I came here to post this exact same thing. I really want to see a hub planet for supplies and stuff.

15. Koor

Koor Space Spelunker

I support this.

16. Coruscant
    Nuff said.

This has been suggested many times.

I would love to be able to buy land on one of these planets.Go to the cantina every once in awhile doing quests,
    Oh the fun one can have with a sandbox exploration action RPG.

17. Khyron42

Yeah, the awesome potential of Coruscant has never really been capitalized on. You could set a whole game there!

I wonder if the dungeon generation code could DO a whole planet's surface. I'm poking around the config files trying to find how it determines the size of each dungeon.

18. Ksoramaum

Ksoramaum Void-Bound Voyager

It would also be a pretty excellent place to look for quests, instead of being stuck with having to tediously search for an npc SOMEWHERE out in the universe.

19. I believe the devs should add his. I hope they see it.

20. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

YES YES and YES

where the heck is the all the home worlds and heavly collanized worlds.....

don't tell me everyone is in the absolote backwarter of the univruse