City Planets!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Khyron42, Dec 10, 2013.

1. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Obviously in their space ships.

2. DrFlashbang

DrFlashbang Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pretty much

3. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

I support this proposal

4. Lokisan

Lokisan Phantasmal Quasar

I guess you all saw the recent DEVblog?! There was clearly an animated city planet backdrop! I guess our prayers were heard after all!

bk3k, DrFlashbang and PabloElPuas like this.
  5. DrFlashbang

DrFlashbang Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think you might be right :D

Lokisan likes this.
  6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I haven't. I don't follow those, but I should (especially as a mod author). Sounds like great news!

7. Keroro04

Keroro04 Poptop Tamer

That was the Scorched Planet Biome. I think we still haven't got what we wanted. +1

8. Azur Lighting

Azur Lighting Void-Bound Voyager

+1 i support this

9. Lokisan

Lokisan Phantasmal Quasar

Scorched? No, I meant this Blogentry:

http://playstarbound.com/22nd-january-broom-for-improvement/

I think, this will be either a special "mission" planet, like the outpost/moon, or it will be added as a random biome for the future, but that's just my guess.

10. Skoon

Skoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's exciting! I hope this city planet idea is coming. In fact, I'd love to see the various homeworlds too.

11. Op-Tec

Op-Tec Subatomic Cosmonaut

Was about to wright a massive post describing what I would like, but saw this. This skips me the effort. It would be absolutely great to have a planet filled with people, something on the 'Extreme' Level, so its more difficult to raid the thing. Perhaps something with superior security, so any aggression results in your death. That way the player cannot farm the resources off the planet.

Shield the planetary Shield Generator, Arm security with the best weapons and armor, add shielded turrets, make security teleport in on attack, ETC. Other then that, the planet would supply quests and trading options for the player. Would also be a great place to station the shipyards of Starbound, a place were the ships you pilot are built.

I might wright a bigger post later about what I envision a city system like.

12. Lumpy109

Lumpy109 Void-Bound Voyager

After all these years, is this STILL not a thing?! If it is, I'd appreciate being pointed towards this, as I'm looking forward to seeing city planets and such.