1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Client ship world has errored and nothing on this forum has helped me yet.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by [insertnamehere], Apr 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. [insertnamehere]

[insertnamehere] Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!
    I love starbound but have unfortunately been unable to play it for ages (Like 4 years) due to a bug that no one has been able to fix. This is my last effort to get a solution before I quit having wasted many hours of time.

-I am on a mac.
    -I play from steam.
    -normal methods such as uninstalling and re-installing or erasing all data (Including steam cloud) haven't worked.
    -multiplayer still works. (I can't host)
    -I removed it from my steam account and then purchased it again and it still didn't work.
    -I have no mods
    -I have the same bug on Unstable
    -I don't know how to give starbound permissions to change files but I think I already did. (apparently, there is a popup if you don't and I'm not getting that)

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Starbound is missing the necessary permissions in order to access it's own files on your machine. You should try to either run starbound on higher privileges or adjust them in your settings. I don't know how that works on MacOS so you'll probably have to look up a tutorial on the internet how permissions work on MacOS.

3. [insertnamehere]

[insertnamehere] Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, that's unfortunately not it. I had done it ages ago after all.

Attached Files:

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

You do not normally need to click reply. An alert should be sent that the thread has been posted in. Replying to a post simply sends a different alert saying the post was quoted. She probably hasn't responded because she has no more advice or insight into the matter.

Good luck.