1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. theevocater

theevocater Intergalactic Tourist

are you getting the mission for the FTL drive? or just the ones before that?

Those were already in

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, I'm on the FLT mission, and the outpost mission. But there isn't a gate in my system that I have found....

Guess its broken?

3. theevocater

weird. I don't see the mission for the FTL drive on new characters.

Anyway, yeah sometimes the starting universe spawns without any gates because of bugs. You'll have to delete your universe and characters :/

4. SivCorp

Well, started a new char, and had an outpost to explore. I did the mission that was there to get the airpack, but now I don't have the FTL repair mission...

More bugs, or is there a way to get around it? I've tried spawning the FTLrepairkit, but it does nothing. Any solutions?

5. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Can confirm that FTL mission is not triggering on new chars and FTL repair kit is not working.

Anyone found any workarounds?

6. theevocater

/spawnitem shipT3 is needed for the ftlkit to work I think.

7. Rapierian

Rapierian Void-Bound Voyager

Also, I've noticed that new characters can't see the Iron Crafting Table as an option to build, and it needs to be spawned.

8. SivCorp

That must be new in the current build... it was working a few builds ago.

EDIT - also updated original post with a bug section for further progression information.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  9. BlackParagon

BlackParagon Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys, I can't seem to toggle godmode off in in the current nightly build. /ruinthefun is not a command, according to SB ^^
    Toggling admin mode doesnt do anything either. Any ideas?

10. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

@BlackParagon I think it's /godmode now. Worked for me.

11. BlackParagon

@ EvilDylan182 That didn't work either. I managed to fall deep enough to get fall damage, but monsters still don't do anything, and I neither hunger nor freeze at night.

12. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Have you ever considered the possibility you might be a zombie?

BlackParagon likes this.
  13. BlackParagon

Indeed I have, but I need sleep so I am probably still human ;)

I am not sure if it's just me or if the hunger/cold system is deactivated in nightlies at the moment, as they stated they would rework them in the next week or two.
    Either way that doesn't explain why monsters deal no damage/knockback whatsoever with any of their abilities and why I dont take damage from poison puddles etc.

If anyone knows a way to make my experience again that of a mortal being I'd be very greatful.

The | Suit likes this.
  14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I think hunger and freezing are dectivated while they move to the new status system for now.

15. BlackParagon

My thoughts exactly, still no idea how to deactivate my obvious invincibility :(

16. Dunto

Dunto Guest

There's quite a lot of stuff in the game that's driven by status effects, including eating, healing, damage-over-time effects like poison and lava, and some other mechanics. Since the status system is currently being worked on, having some odd things happen in the Nightly builds is not unexpected. I'd suggest waiting another week or two before worrying about it.

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  17. SivCorp

Updated with new "bugs" and admin command issue.

18. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

Have you guys considered possibly outsourcing to some of the Modders In the community?

19. SivCorp

What do you mean, Son?

20. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

Well if you look at some of the community mods there are some people out there who would probably jump at the chance to get their content into the game. some of the more popular ones especially.