NPC Colonial NPC suggestions

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by KRANOT, May 31, 2015.

1. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

(sorry for my grammar it might be a littel bit :poo: for i am german)
    so i have been goin' through some old blog post i missed on the starboundblog and saw some neat details on the ideas behind the colonies and colonists and the tags on items that create a template in wich certain npcs fit and some don't. so certain houses will only attract certain npcs. and i had a few ideas.

-friendly floran hunter (hunts animals and sells raw meats and fish of different sorts)

-friendly floran gatherer (gathers plantfibers and cuts down trees, also replants stuff that has been harvested)

-friendly human miner (sells mining equipment like bombs, picks, drills and flares)

-friendly human/glitch/hylotl soldier (fight mobs that come near the colony and sell non racial weapons and some racial armour)

-friendly avian/human/apex scout (sells coordinates for neat planets with high ammounts of minerals)

-friendly human/glitch/apex historian (sells books)

-friendly penguin dealer (sells extremely random blueprints for anny existing item with a 1-2% chance to sell x5 perfect objects)

-friendly hylotl fabric merchant (sells random vanity items)

-friendly avian pirate (sells rangedweapons and bombs)

-friendly slime enthusiast (has been shown in the post but i wanted to mention him, he should really be a thing ^^)

-friendly shroom enthusiast (idk he sells mushroom items)

-friendly dna enthusiast (sells dna/gene stuff)

-friendly reed entusiast (sells the reeditems)

-friendly tar entusiast (sells the taritems)

-friendly arctic entusiast (sells the snow and ice items)

-friendly rainbow entusiast (sells the rainbowitems)

-friendly flower entusiast (sells the floweritems)

-friendly sea entusiast (sells the oceanitems like the fruits and plants)

and as the last one,

-evil/insane apex scientist ( 6% chance every night for his lab to explode, sells boosted stimpacks that last only half as long, has a 10-30% chance of attacking the player when entering his house until he leaves again, sells waepons that are instable and can break like drills but are stronger)

DISCLAIMER: thes are all just suggestion and i don't expect the devs to do anny of this! but seeing some of these in the colonial update would be kinda neat even if they are massivly changed from my suggestions. ^^ thx for your attention and have a nice day.

(also add some own npcs if you like :DD)

2. Zardo

Zardo Void-Bound Voyager

Excellent ideas.

To ensure variety, I would like to see NPC attributes be different based not only on the furniture/structure, but also the environment/biome of the planet. The same structure on a different planet could deliver a different NPC personality, job role or look. This could encourage a player to try out different things on different planets.

It would also be nice if different colony NPCs offered pets unique to them leading to collecting pets. :)

Thanks for reading.

Zardo

Dragon-fan likes this.
  3. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

This would be very helpful and useful, because i totally want get all the things.