1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Colony Deed - Simplified 1.2

Minimalistic version of the colony deed.

1. Noranum

Noranum Phantasmal Quasar

Noranum submitted a new mod:

Colony Deed - Simplified - Minimalistic version of the colony deed.

Read more about this mod...

2. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

Can we have a picture please?

3. Noranum

I am afraid that you won't see much on a screen... because that's the main part about this mod: to make this darn thing tiny and easy to overlook....

But if you insist, I will try to get a usable screen (and than figure out how to upload these. It's my first mod, sorry for being a noob)

Edit: Picture added. Sorry for this. I hope that'll please you :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  4. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

It's alright man. Thanks, by the way.

Noranum likes this.
  5. RuinsFate

RuinsFate Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea, but the result feels a little out of place for my tastes. Would you be willing to make a version that fits the 1x1 block size fully, by cutting them down to just the bottom right tile/part of the deed, which displays most of the relevant stuff? The existing deeds are too big, but yours are a bit too small, they left some of my houses with empty looking walls.

-edit- attached a quick mock-up of what I mean.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. Noranum

I thought about something like this when I first came up with the idea of this little mod. My basic problem was the colour scheme and out-of-place look in regards of many racial building styles, so I reduced this thing to minimum design.
    But if you want a design that is more in line with the original layout, I might try my hands on this.

RuinsFate likes this.
  7. Noranum

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  8. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What if i install this and there are already deeds placed? do they drop?

9. Noranum

They won't drop. This mod shrinks their dimension down, and the game seems to be fine with this. Trouble could happen if you threw this mod out again, because then the deeds turn back to their original size.
    Could also be different when you play on a server. I could not test this yet, so be aware of issues in multiplayer.

10. Zetlin97

In that case slams the install button with face

and not on a server

11. Noranum

You're welcome. :)
    At least I hope this runs as smoothly as it does for me.

12. Zetlin97

As of now, it runs great. All the deeds got replaced fine. In fact, theres less lag in my huge base now. One thing though, is it possible to change the item icon? It's the normal deed atm.

13. Noranum

Sure, would be easy, but I had functionality in mind when I did this, and a small dot in your backpack might be confused whit plant seeds or stuff like this, so I kept the original icon. And I'm afraid I couldn't come up with a new icon that is both simple and informative.

Everyone:
    I tested Multiplayer today. It seems to work fine, even if only one party, either client or server, has this mod. If you have this, and get on a server which doesn't, you can't place stuff over the deed. It looks small to you, but the server knows it's original size, and you get back everything you try to place there instantly. Which is great, cause I was afraid it would be a gamebreaker. :)

Edit: Sorry that I am so worried about this. It's my very first mod and I'm quite the perfectionist.

14. RuinsFate

RuinsFate Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks, will give this a try : D

15. Noranum

16. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any chance you could add a Steam Workshop version?

17. Noranum

Probably not. I would need to make 3 different versions, one for each style, since changing the intern structure of workshop downloads is not that easy.
    There is a quite similar but in all ways better mod on workshop. Try searching for "colony" and you'll find it. :)

18. Noranum

Themed Colony Deeds made by themrpiggy22 is now on the Forums as well as on Steam Workshop. Have a look, they are far better than mine.

19. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

the problem with that mod is that i don't want "themed" deeds, i want smaller deeds

20. Noranum

It has those too, also invisible ones. Really, it does the very same thing. Reducing the graphical appearance to one tile. My tiny little dot may be a little more extreme, but that's my personal preference.

I made my mod for myself, actually, and I don't see a reason to put it on Steam, to be honest. Installation is not that troublesome. Back when I made this here, Steam Workshop wasn't a thing, and I seemed to be the only one pissed about the deeds.