1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [COLORBOUND] 2015/2014 1.0.0

[COLORBOUND] adds 635 + 900 new color selection options for PCs and NPCs! MultiplayerFriendly™!

1. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

Seraphi submitted a new mod:

「COLORBOUND」 - 「COLORBOUND」 adds 417 new colors to STARBOUND, across all six races, for use by PCs and NPCs alike.

Read more about this mod...

Karth, BunniEars and rhomboid like this.
  2. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

Excellent. More character customization is always welcome to me.

Seraphi likes this.
  3. Patchumz

Patchumz Pangalactic Porcupine

Now if only it was possible to make a custom interface to select the colors :p.

Seraphi likes this.
  4. TheTrueDeraj

TheTrueDeraj Void-Bound Voyager

Can you verify if this is multiplayer friendly? Because if it is, and you say it is in the mod description, I guarantee your download count will explode after the character wipe.

5. TheTrueDeraj

TheTrueDeraj Void-Bound Voyager

Seraphi likes this.
  6. ZombieEspada

ZombieEspada Tentacle Wrangler

i really do love all the new colors you have hope you add some more colors to each race love it :)

Seraphi likes this.
  7. rocker742

rocker742 Aquatic Astronaut

Any possibility of incorporating custom races like Greys or Novakids?

8. ZombieEspada

ZombieEspada Tentacle Wrangler

yea i can see were it is hard getting the colors and all that and doing the work for it and i never play papers please i watched people play it and it looks like a really fun game

9. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

The hylotl colors are being weird and not working for the fins and belly color, just so you know.

Seraphi likes this.
  10. M4MKey

M4MKey Aquatic Astronaut

Does this work with AntiHair mod too ?

11. Soraph

Soraph Void-Bound Voyager

Tried to fix the hylotl belly / fin color problem by copying the body color entries, but starbound still doesn't accept the entries..

12. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Awesome! I just want to see a few more blue/blue green colors for Florian bodies.

13. CediFonei

CediFonei Void-Bound Voyager

I like how this mod looks, but I can't seem to get it to work- in fact, whenever I download it, I get it as a .RAR file instead of as a folder, as your mod installation instructions suggest I should be getting a folder. Is there something wrong on my end?

14. Tacomancer

Tacomancer Void-Bound Voyager

Can u add Ningen Race please. :)

15. Seraphi

You need to un-rar the file using a program like WinRar. A .rar file is a compressed archive, like a .zip file.

The folders are inside the .rar file.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  16. hutzie

hutzie Orbital Explorer

Hi I was wondering if when starbound updates to the next version, and I remove the mod to continue playing my human will my human be bald/different hair color or will (sense the colors your mod uses are already default) the hair color be the same without the mod installed? Or will time only tell?

17. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Scruffy Nerf-Herder

18. Seraphi

When you make a character, all of the color values that you chose are saved to your .player file as hexadecimal values.

This is why other people are able to see the new colors in Multiplayer, even if they don't have 「COLORBOUND」 installed, because hexadecimal color values are pretty much a universal thing.

What this means is that you can install 「COLORBOUND」, make a character, delete 「COLORBOUND」 forever, and your character will still have the colors that 「COLORBOUND」 added when you play them.

tl:dr - Don't worry, your hair color will be the same. (^・ω・^ )

I have thought about it, but it wouldn't be for a little while.

The way the colors are handled on Avians is a little different from how they're handled on all the other races. Most races have six or eight color values to edit. Avians have twenty-two(!).

There is also no option to select the fluff color independently of the feather color.

I think the white fluff looks fine, but I do agree with you that some of the colors would look better with tinted fluff instead of white.

In the meantime, have a look at SBSE: http://community.playstarbound.com/...ize-your-player-colors-using-any-color.50849/

This will let you edit the fluff color to something that you think works better with then feather color that you selected until I can tint the fluff to match the feathers in the future. (。・ω・。)

(At least, I think it does! I haven't tried it.)

Remember to backup your .player file first before you start playing with SBSE, though!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  19. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the Link but it looks like it has a lot more work to be put into Avians! they lose all their feet colors ;3;
    [​IMG] so i look like a big blob of nothin but Blue feathers! :rofl:

Attached Files:

20. TheLordOfJoe

TheLordOfJoe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't move any of the modded species to the species folder. I tried copy pasting, cut pasting, just dragging it into the file, none of it works. The mod still works though! :D

DoomGoddess likes this.