ComatosePhoenix's Hardcore Screenshot Journal

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by ComatosePhoenix, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ComatosePhoenix

ComatosePhoenix Phantasmal Quasar

Every Now and then on the minecraft forums a survival journal will pop up, after starting a new hardcore character I decided to start taking screenshots and have a go at it. Vague roleplay and pointless logging ensues.

So without any further ado welcome to my terrible topic and more importantly
    [​IMG]

As you can see from the screenshot I had already gotten dug in. I decided to rebuild an old fort near where I beamed down to be my base of opperations. Unlike previously I wanted to do more than just patch it up with dirt but really restore it. If you have ever encountered one of the ruined towers (you have, its a garden biome) you'd recognize all the cool additions such as doors, a roof and an extra platform so you can actually get out of the basement.
    [​IMG]

There was also this nice little pond thing next door. I didn't have any of these on my last starter planet so it was a nice change of pace. Until I found an almost identical one just a short walk away, Garden worlds are the worst for variety.
    [​IMG]

Also featured a fairly nasty random monster, I mean look at that drool. These guys rolled high on Hit points. It was surprisingly tense encounter each time.
    [​IMG]

I thought I should go to the gate first, because I thought I'd get a reward bag from sail. no dice. Future me, remember this for speedrun strats.
    [​IMG]

The mine was actually really annoying. This long shaft is just high enough to trigger fall damage and of course the platforms are exactly one plank wide. Fall damage is probably going to be what kills me eventually.
    [​IMG]

Don't judge me its hardcore, Funny quirk about monster ai though, While I was shooting him with my peashooters he wouldn't attack, but when I switched to my broadsword he realized he was in range despite the blocks and took a swipe at me.
    [​IMG]

Due to being a moron, I did not do a good job of screenshotting the main quest. I'll get better, (no I won't, future me just realized he didn't take any screenshots of the floran mission) Have a picture of some shrugging aliens instead.
    [​IMG]

For some reason I thought this was worth a screenshot. I will say that canned food is incredibly underrated and anyone who is having trouble starving to death should just have 5 cans on hand at all times. especially if your like me and can't be bothered setting up a farm.
    [​IMG]

In a completely uncharacteristic playstyle I set up a farm (future me is even worse, he is getting into cooking!) I wanted to have all the 1st tier gear before taking on the erichus horror, as well as finish up my House.
    [​IMG]

While mining stone with my un-upgraded matter manipulator, (no pickaxes in the mine WHY) I had an unfortunate accident. Guess where that water came from?
    [​IMG]

Oh well, I was too cheap to unlock the liquid module and actually fix my mistake, so instead I decided to just terraform a little house and get a tenant. Last time I had a tenant I got like 50 rescue quest and turned my base into a lag fest. So I just wanted this one for flavor and rent.
    [​IMG]

I took this picture a bit later on, I don't remember where I got the table from. I think it was a cooking quest.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Moon mission was much easier than I was expecting. I didn't mess up on the erchius horror at all. I even saved the dumb survivor at the end who always gets gibbed by a stray moontant.
    [​IMG]

This was the best part though. My last character first diamond came from a mystery pod on a level 4 world that spawned diamond ore bombs. Its much nicer to get one this early. I might even try and do dreadwing for a penguin crew member once I get decent gear.

Overall a good week. I'll try to update this every now and then with my progress. This kinda writing takes a while and formatting it to look good is even harder. If you appreciate this kind of post leave a like or a comment and I'll keep at it. Maybe do more mspaint notes and terrible attempts at humor.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Good luck!

ComatosePhoenix likes this.
  3. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sounds fun.