Combo Sword Attacks

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by tacosaregood, Nov 25, 2013.

1. tacosaregood

tacosaregood Poptop Tamer

I don't know if this is too late to be implemented, I dunno, it probably is. :/ But I've played Terraria a lot, and one thing I could never get into was fighting with swords. Fighting with swords was way too boring, it was just a swing. And I've noticed too that when you swing a sword in Starbound, it's just a little swing. Of course, there are many different ways that you swing depending on the sword, but I can't help feeling that the game would be better if it had combos, much like how Zero fights in the Megaman games. It would be cool if each weapon had different combos, not just a swing of the sword.

2. Zola

Zola Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That would be awesome, but I'd also love a knuckle-type weapon that you can also do combos with them.
    Can't say it's too late, since the game is only close to the beta.
    If we are lucky enough they will hear our pledge. ;]

PS.: I think this thread would fit better under "Mechanics"

tacosaregood likes this.
  3. tacosaregood

tacosaregood Poptop Tamer

Zola likes this.
  4. BlazetheFloran

BlazetheFloran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"like zero from megaman" YES.

5. Endelerius

Endelerius Twenty-three is number one

I've (sadly) never played the megaman games in the past, so I don't know how they work.
    How would you go about it? Is it like a 3-hit combo that you have to click for 1 or 3 times?
    Or is it something that procs after X-amount of attacks?

I for one would love to see some more variation in attacks.
    The simple swing or stab now feels somewhat dull after a while.

Anyway, combos? +1!

6. Karnage5

Karnage5 Master Chief

It would be amazing if the combos were randomly generated too, so that a sword that may not be as strong or as fast as another can still be better because of a better combo

7. BlazetheFloran

BlazetheFloran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd say, a 3-hit combo where you click for 1 hit. You click 3 times. I'm also thinking,the combo slash would be very fast with a half second cooldown before you can continue rapid slashing. So,3 veyr fast slashes,half second cooldown,then continue rapid slashing.

8. tagmastri

tagmastri Void-Bound Voyager

Theres a sword but you will need the blade dance broadsword mod is cool and the sword i like and thats the only one i know its the violium broadsword