1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Combos and Passives!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BogdanS, Mar 7, 2014.

1. BogdanS

BogdanS Poptop Tamer

I don‘t know about you but I will play the game non-stop if there would be a lot of combination for every character (combine your 4 skills to do unbelievable damage!).I think that the player would need to unlock this combos at certain levels....for example at melee character, Miner : DASH, ATTACK, ULTIMATE or somethin‘ like that would be A LOT of fun...just like fighting games ( sincerely I rarely play fighting games ).And more than that to unlock for every character a secret combo that would be unique.
    PASSIVE: every character to have a passive that do the difference between them.A certain passive that his ability couldn‘t be find in any item, to specialize that class.
    For example:
    Acrid: On every poisoned enemy Acrid does extra damage ( +10%)

Do you like the idea?Give me suggestions! Thanks!

• HexZyle

HexZyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think both your suggestions are covered by both passive and use items.
      Perhaps you could be able to choose an item to start off with, would this fulfill what you're trying to achieve here?

• BogdanS

BogdanS Poptop Tamer

Did you read all the thread paying attention? Passives have nothing to do with use items, more than that the combos.I don‘t refer to start with an item because I said that “a passive that his ability couldn‘t be found in any item, to specialize that class“.I think that you understand now.Sorry, but try to pay attention when you read somethin‘.If you played LoL I think you can understand me ;)

• HexZyle

Forcing players to use their moves in a certain order because they give additional damage/effects at the end is a bad way to make a game. It's essentially an active effect that takes place only when you play the game exactly how the developers choose. I do hope you're not suggesting an arrow key combination either, don't let me get started on the drawbacks of complex keyboard controls.
          As I said earlier, it would be far more practical to just have a Use Item that the character starts with, but only they can use, and can swap it out later. Or just add a 5th key.
          So basically the Ancient Scepter? Sorry, but try and pay attention to the items in the game when you suggest somethin'. The Ancient Scepter even has references to League of Legends in its description.

• Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

I think he means that you do extra damage with your other attacks to poisoned enemies as an innate ability of Acrid, not a passive item that increases poison damage...

• HexZyle

Well then isn't that just a modification to the class? We call that "balancing", and not every class needs a passive ability (it's not even passive, it becomes part of the attack's description so it's an active ability) to balance it, especially not acrid. Sniper, Bandit and HAN-D could use something like that though.

• gamerzap

gamerzap Orbital Explorer

Bandit already has one. +1.5% crit chance per level. Miner, mercenary, and huntress have one as well. (+2.5% attack speed per level)