Come 1.1, Who ya gonna marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, Sep 12, 2016.

?

If applicable, who are you marrying in your next save?

1. Same spouse as before!

18 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Shane/Emily!

62 vote(s)
    60.8%
  3. One of the other bachelor(ette)s!

19 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. I fly solo!

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i know we have some threads a little similar to this, but i'm curious!
    This may be applicable for people who are starting a new save, but it's still interesting to think about. I know a ton of people are going for Shane and maybe a couple for Emily, then there are losers like me who can only stay with one spouse.

So, what are your plans for 1.1? Anything you're hoping for marriage or dialogue wise? Excited for new cut scenes?

• benevapwnz

benevapwnz Void-Bound Voyager

Shane coz a depressed grumpy drunkhead just makes me wanna take care of him and give him so much love and support that he'll heal inside.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ghostbusters.

Airling and MagicallyClueless like this.
        • Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Gonna hop aboard the Shane Train myself! Also gonna change my farmer's name to Sawyer while I'm at it.

MagicallyClueless likes this.
          • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

All aboard the shane train! Choo choo~

Honestly though it's a mix of both. I'm revamping some of my other saves for the new maps but intend to re-pursue some spouses I already had...I'm keeping one of my spouses on my primary first save that isn't being redone at all...and I plan to pursue Shane.

So I voted on the pursuing Shane one because that is likely the thing I will do first. To me its like what better way to roll in all that new content by pursuing a new content spouse. I'd be way too worried about opening my primary save first and possibly getting buried in out of sequence events due to having everything maxed there. I wanna see all this content as it comes out. :rofl:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Another one for Seb, of course. Probably just Firefly Hollow version 2. Something to explore all the new goodies slowly while still maintaining some of the familiar.

And then Shane. Then Sam. Then maybe Leah and Abby. A different farmer for each one though, I want to branch out a bit with the new stuff. Its going to take a looooong time to cycle through that many saves though, the rate I play now it takes a week per season, and I try to do at least 5 years on a save so...you guys can do the math there. lol

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Shane, will be my official husbando instead of me sadly holding onto the bouquet for years.

Soon he will take the darn flowers. SOON.

• ciphermandy

ciphermandy 2.7182818284590...

Shane! Which I am so excited for.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmm... ill stick to Maru... or Leah, maybe once I decide which Layout I will stick it will help me decide who to pick next :3

• Phaena

Phaena Void-Bound Voyager

Maru, Leah or Elliot.

I also wasn't sure but do same-sex couples still end up with kids?

Sabram and MagicallyClueless like this.
                      • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah. You have the option to adopt. Its pretty much the same bed-time prompt but instead of do you want a baby its pretty much "do you want to adopt a baby" :rofl:

Phaena likes this.
                        • MagicallyClueless

in addition to what Ambaaargh said above (which is, yes! you can adopt kids!), you can choose to not adopt kids also, but the prompt to say yes/no occasionally comes up when you have your spouse at the max heart level. right now, same sex couples and diff sex couples have pretty much the same prompt except it's adoption vs. getting pregnant and having kids.

maybe it'll be improved upon or added to in 1.1 but we'll see

Phaena likes this.
                          • Phaena

Phaena Void-Bound Voyager

That was my main concern. Before I knew anything about the game, I assumed it would only be male/female relationships like HM so I'm glad it's not.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Definitely Shane :)
                              And then eventually the rest of the bachelor(ette)s I haven't married yet.

• RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

One save for Shane and one for Emily, definitely. Emily is such a cheerful, bubbly person (and I like her blue hair) so I'm interested to see how CA will expand her personality. And Shane, he'd be perfect for the farm and he has a great storyline. Plus additional dialogue from all the other villagers doesn't hurt.

• TinySpaceFox

TinySpaceFox Subatomic Cosmonaut

If I could, I'd have 12 save files in total - one for each marriage candidate. I've already got one for Penny. Currently, in no particular order, Emily, Shane, Alex, Sebastian, Abigail, and Haley are top priority - partly because I know the least about them. I've kinda spoiled the others' heart events for myself thanks to the wiki. I'm so nosey :V

MagicallyClueless and Phaena like this.
                                  • Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

You know, I just realized something: All of the bachelors and bachelorettes dance with each other at the Flower Dance, right? Could that mean that Shane and Emily will dance together in the update? Well, when you haven't romanced one of them yet, of course. I suppose it really would make sense, especially given their interaction in one scene at the Saloon.

• MagicallyClueless

yeah, i'm guessing they'll be included in the dance. maybe the dance will be different or there will be~~~TWO~~~ flower queens to even things out

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Shane Shane Shane! Shane is my bestie so it's only appropriate I make a save for him. I'm also gonna make another for Abby, but Shane first.

EltonScone and MagicallyClueless like this.
                                        • Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Going to have one file for Emily, but I'm going to make a wilderness farm and marry Abby again.