Comedian Hyloti

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by The Notorious BIG, Aug 13, 2015.

1. The Notorious BIG

The Notorious BIG Tentacle Wrangler

That crumbled up script you have to find for the Hyloti should be a codex with lame, quirky jokes :p

2. Jackson Brown

Jackson Brown Astral Cartographer

And possibly some that the Hylotl doesn't realize are offensive, ranging from racially insensitive to outright racist to the other races.

Just thinking it would explain why nobody likes his jokes, and why someone would throw away his joke codex.

Kinda like if a little kid is caught with The Bible in a public school, the teacher has to confiscate it, tear it up in front of the kid, throw it away, and then berate the kid; educating them on how by being a Christian they are infringing on all of the other kids' rights to freedom of religion, and how by having The Bible, they are infringing on all the other kids' rights to freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

The jokes wouldn't be racist to human races, but rather a parody of modern racism with respect to how the lore has the races view one another.

As I usually play a Floran, I am exposed to the in-game racism all the time. Heck, the reason a Floran character leaves their home planet is because they too have started to be racist against their own race.

A good deal of the racial identifications also depict the ignorance of the races to one another.

The point of my suggestion is not to be racist, but to continue the game's already existing trend of exposing the evils of racism and ignorance. As I stated, the Hylotl comic himself does not realize how the jokes offend.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  3. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

This is cruel to other races!
    [​IMG]