1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital [Comic] The Whale Fins Ch.1

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tyle, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Since it’s been awhile since I joined the forum, I figured this would be a decent time for me to put these here.

-The Whale Fins-

What started off as a simple OC-verse starring animal hybrid monsters turned art practice, The Whale Fins is now my ongoing original comic(as ongoing as I can manage, that is) – it’s a very ‘watch things unfold’ kind of story, that’s what I’m hoping to achieve - but other than that I want to focus on adventure and exploration in a somewhat fantasy setting as well.

Chapter 0 was a 'test run' that also served as a quick, 5-page prelude of the main story, briefly explaining the basic lore of the Whale Fins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright so, this is how I plan the general style of the comic to be. Chapter 1 is currently at page 8 and a total of 17 pages are planned - I'll put them up shortly. All completed pages are up in my dA page so for those who don't want to wait, you can read the rest there.

Before that though, I would like to hear your opinion on this! As I mentioned, I started this as an art practice and it still is, try to think of this as a personal project to see how far I can push myself so, every bit of comment, criticism and suggestion help! I also welcome any questions regarding background and characters and whatnot, though I might not answer them properly if they are related to future story plot (aka, spoilers!).

2. Dragon_Knight02

Dragon_Knight02 Space Spelunker

Yay! You posted your comic here (I'm a follower on dA btw)! :D

Tyle likes this.
  3. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll put up the next 4 completed pages later, still a bit of time until I have time to get back to drawing!

4. Panyang

Panyang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is awesome

5. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the completed pages so far, thank you for your attention! I'm glad to say drawing has resumed - can't make out when it'll be done but I hope it's very soon.

6. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

7. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

YAY! IT'S BACK!

8. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]

20 days for a page? OUTRAGEOUS!
    Oh right yeah I forgot I was drawing for my other SB thread my bad

9. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

wow looks so neat, i love it! It's nice to see that talented people are still doing stuff!

The Purple Dragon and Tyle like this.
  10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

*sees the giant whale*
    Oh my god O_O

Mommy?

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  11. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just gonna boop this. It's great >:V

Tyle likes this.
  12. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Another filler! When will this madness end?

Just a note, the next two months will probably the craziest busiest months I'll have since a long time, so update would likely be rather slow for now. Hopefully I can get one more drawing done in my other thread before the crazy starts. Now for the next announcement...

thewhalefins.thecomicseries.com

WF now has its own site, hosted on Comic Fury (it's free!)! The site layout is completely customizable and I think it's pretty comfortable on the eyes. I've set it so the old pages were gradually uploaded on a 2-day basis but it will catch up to the current progress this Friday, woo! So if you're interested, you can take a look too to see if it's a better place to read the pages.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  13. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a big ol forest. Better be some apples in there

14. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

With 50+ days in there I sure hope there'd be something to eat other than questionably poisonous berries and dirt :v

15. The Purple Dragon

Maybe she caught a deer?

16. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Or maybe sommfink caught her

17. The Purple Dragon

Yeah, she might've killed it with the bucket.

Tyle likes this.
  18. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Look, happenings

Aw gee has it really been two months? I was too occupied with school work and experiments and looks like it's going to stay that way for a while.

19. The Purple Dragon

Yaaa-
    *looks around*
    Oh, I'm alone.
    The wolf is either gonna be cute and lovely, or one of the good creatures will save her.

themushroomlord and Tyle like this.
  20. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    I'm back in the drawing businesssssssss