Compact Transportation Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by HunterC1998, May 13, 2016.

1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

The CTV, a race specified vehicle, running off of small amounts of liquid Erchius, able to speed across smooth terrain quickly or rough terrain slowly by gaining an amount of ground clearance in trade for a slowed speed, unique in looks and designs for each race, customizable up to color and detail. The CTV could be obtained similarly like the Matter Manipulator, but as a side mission for a certain amount of high quality minerals and liquid erchius there is no high price to pay. The vehicle can also be customized in a similar process as the M.M. but apply upgrades to damage absorption, acceleration, fuel efficiency, and it's ability to cross uneven terrain smoothly, and unlike the nover bike, this vehicle does not take damage, allows you to fire guns and ballistic weapons while riding it, it doesn't need to be repaired. Also unlike the hover bike, this vehicle can float on top of water, making it efficient on travel even on ocean planets.
    The fuel efficiency can start as a single unit of liquid erchius per 120 seconds with an added 6 seconds per level of upgrade.
    But since it doesn't take damage, that means that you take the damage directly.

The vehicle themselves I can not square down a convenient idea so I'm leaving that open to suggestions.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Just asking but are you aware that vehicles already exist in the current build of the game?

If you are asking for new or race specified vehicles along with the current ones though then you need to find a way for them to be worth using. The current vehicles don't take any kind of fuel for example. So why would I spend fuel on your new vehicles when I can ride something already for free?

3. HunterC1998

Well now I feel stupid lol.
    No I had no clue, thanks for letting me know.

4. Zerukoba

Don't feel too bad, it is literally in the newest update to date unless you count Nightly stuff. Also it is kinda off to the side and unnecessary (at least it would be if they didn't nerf dash so you can no longer dash in midair) so I would assume most people who are aware of it simply ignore it anyway. Kinda annoying that you gotta get off each time you want to attack so that is also a negative to using it along with the price and repair fees.

5. HunterC1998

@Zerukoba I made some modifications, would you mind looking to see if it would sway you to them instead of the hover bike?

6. Zerukoba

At least it is different with no harsh negatives over hover bikes. Personally speaking though I would honestly still choose the hover bikes over them. It take fuel and while taking damage yourself instead of the bike is a neato idea it isn't really that helpful when you just have to turn around and use healing items anyway. With that logic hover bike give the user more "health" while traveling. An easy way to get me to seriously think about using them personally is to simply make them combat vehicles. Just being allow to attack and ride at the same time may make them worth using over the hover bikes even if they may take fuel.

Speaking of that though, I think they should share the same spot as hover bikes and just use repair chips instead of fuel, or maybe a different type of chip like a shield chip or something (to protect the vehicle itself and explain why only the character take damage). If you really want to tack on quests/upgrades to them then just have the upgrades increase the armor of the vehicles so that way you move faster and take less damage while traveling. The higher cost of these vehicles from draining away your shield chips regardless if you get hit or not will make it so that if you purely just want to travel from point A to point B then hover bikes would be better. Otherwise I think most people would like the other vehicles much more as they would be much more useful in general.

That is just my take on the idea though. Maybe other people will like your suggestions over my. If the hover bike shop guy do get the quests though then maybe people would be more aware that they exist.

7. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

It seems pretty unbalanced IMO. Takes no damage, has weapons, can float? The only downside is that it takes fuel... 1 unit for 120 seconds? I can get myself about a 1000 fuel in less than ten minutes when moon exploring. Fuel isn't going to be a problem, just an inconvenience if your forget it.

Why not make a version of the hover bike that has a gun instead of the second seat? Would make fighting enemies easier.

8. HunterC1998

OK yeah that kind of kills this doesn't it?
    It's probably better to just do a few tweaks on the hover bike instead of having an entirely different thing.
    I see your point .

9. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

Put flame decals on it. Makes it go faster.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Wingidon and HunterC1998 like this.
  10. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They added these new auto drives which say, "An auto drive, In the future i can use this to power vehicles" which would either indicate a new vehicle a fuel for current vehicles or craft able vehicles all great ideas.

HunterC1998 likes this.