Question Computer Dying, Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I need someone with computer skills to help me. How do I set up a wireless connection between two laptops? My first laptop is dying. The hard drive is making weird sounds. The other laptop is not 10 feet away from this one. I need to evacuate all my save data for my games by pulling it across, and I'd rather not use a flash drive to transfer everything if I don't have to.

2. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, from my basic experience, it should be simple, but I don't know if it will work with wireless connections or through a router. Do you have any way (such as Ethernet or 2way usb) to connect them physically and directly? Also, how are all your connections set up? This would be very helpful and I would be better able to help if I had this information. One final note what opperating systems are they?

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Okay. It turned out okay. My brother is an information guru, and he helped me. Thanks anyway.

4. meurtio

meurtio Lucky Number 13

I told my friend to back up his hard drive because he never does. He then proceeded to copy all of his important stuff into a new folder. On the same hard drive.

5. rdcl170

rdcl170 Aquatic Astronaut

That would have been rough, using a flash drive.

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Why not just back up the data to the cloud using Google Drive or something? Would have been easier.

7. abe2022

abe2022 Guest

I suggest you look into buying a new hard drive for the laptop and opening it up to replace the thermal compound. Just because it's old doesn't mean it should be thrown out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.