1. If you need help with your pre-order or technical support for Starbound, please use the support forum instead. Do not post Starbound-related things here.

Concerning the posting of Let's Plays

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by Mycosa, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Mycosa

Mycosa Master Chief

Just a few quick questions, as I wish to be respectful to the forum.

First, do you guys consider it appropriate to post a link or an embedded video to a given thread, so that people can see what I've done so far, follow along, and so on, provided it is done in a generally community-friendly manner? (Meaning, not using your forum as a link-dump spot, which really is just a kind of spam)

Second, if so, where do you feel would be appropriate for it?

Lastly, again assuming a positive to the other two questions, but in addition to Starbound, I also play Stardew Valley and Risk of Rain. Would there be an appropriate place in their respective subforums to post there as well, assuming it is permissible to post?

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm sure an admin can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would assume such things belongs in the game-related art and creation type forums, since Let's Play is a form of art/creation having to do with the game.

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with creating a thread for a let's play and adding videos into said thread, it allows people who follow that Let's Play to talk about each episode then you'd post new episodes in that thread as you make them. I don't see what's wrong with that, but then again I could be wrong. *shrug*

As for those, well, again, the subforums usually have an Art/Creation type thingie.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

4. Mycosa

Mycosa Master Chief

Thank you very much. Would it be acceptable to make a thread for each of the three games? It would make more sense than combining them into a single thread.

5. Jonesy

I guess. If you were making a new thread for every single new video, that would probably be a problem. But consolidating them that way should be alright.

6. Mycosa

Mycosa Master Chief

Oh, not for each EPISODE, no. I'm thinking a thread each for Stardew Valley, Starbound, and Risk of Rain.

Goodness, that would be a TERRIBLE thing to do on a forum... No, no, no... I'd just post an update, make sure the topmost post is updated with the most recent information, and go from there.

7. Jonesy

Don't worry; I'm not accusing you of doing it. It's just that other people have done that sort of thing before.

And now that I think about it, if you're going to cover multiple games, you should be posting your threads in their corresponding subforums.

Starbound: http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/videos.14/

Stardew: http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/fan-works.75/

Risk of Rain: http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/fan-works.90/

8. Mycosa

Mycosa Master Chief

Perfect! That would work great! Thank you very much! I'll try not to flood things; I usually upload 2 videos a day, but not the same videos every day. Example: Risk of Rain will probably be once a week. Starbound, 1 or 2 a week, Stardew Valley, 1 or 2 a week.

Okay, I posted an initial post for both Starbound and Stardew Valley. Could you take a look and make sure it is acceptable for the forums? I want to make sure I've presented it well, and also in an organized and acceptable fashion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  9. Jonesy

Yeah, it looks fine. Just remember that double-posting is discouraged, so make use of the edit button where possible.

10. Mycosa

Mycosa Master Chief

You got it. Thanks for your help, and thanks for having me on here. :D