RELEASED Configurable Improved Sprinklers + Scarecrow and Sprinklers area Highlights

This mod allow you to make your sprinklers water in whatever shape you want, and add area highlights

1. tandpastatester

tandpastatester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@OrSpeeder this mod has been updated to work with SMAPI 0.39.6, correct? Last time I checked, your enemy health bars mod wasn't compatible with anything beyond 0.39.2. Does that one work with 0.39.6 or will you release an update for that as well?

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

0.39.6 I fixed the bug that broke the mod, it was SMAPI that was buggy, not the mod :)

If the health bars are STILL buggy for you with 0.39.6, tell me, it means I did something wrong on SMAPI code... (yep, I do code for SMAPI too!)

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
      • The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Should be merged now.

• tandpastatester

tandpastatester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nope, you're right. Everything is fine now with 0.39.6 and the current Health Bar mod. Thanks again, it seems like all my mods are currently stable and compatible with 0.36.6 so I can run them all at once.

I was going to ask you about the difference between your two threads for this sprinkler mod but based on the Mod comment about merging I guess they are the same.

• Bunkmaster

Bunkmaster Space Spelunker

Just updated to SMAPI 0.39.6 and updated your sprinkler mod to latest version and noticed this as I was resetting my sprinkler layouts. Just a heads-up.

Screenshot - Copy.png

• OrSpeeder

Ah, thanks!

This mod uses CA rendering stuff (instead of custom, like my other mods), making mistakes like that is easy, thanks for noticing! I will fix it when I can.

• vectorix

vectorix Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a separate mod for just the scarecrow preview? Or is it all bundled into one?

• OrSpeeder

I didn't made a separate mod, but you can just disable the sprinkler extra area without any issue, just leave the blue squares working, the sprinklers then will work like the unmodded game.

• katgirl28888

katgirl28888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would you be willing to make configurable Scarecrows as well? As much sense as a round scarecrow effect makes, it's pretty annoying. It'd be nice to have a square effect range

MayaMayhem and Nurio like this.
                    • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Just a quick question. Do you have to use upgraded sprinklers in order for the highlights to show up? Because I like the current sprinklers (At least in my first playthrough, because everything is already figured out) but I also like the highlights that show the effect range for the sprinklers and the scarecrows... So, I would like to use those only, is that possible?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Nope. You can easily edit the sprinklers by pressing K (when you have the mod installed). You can then edit the sprinklers to be the very same as the default vanilla game. It's even made easy, because it'll show the default sprinkler range with blue squares.

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, ok. Well, that would be almost the same, as just using the highlights. So, thanks for the quick answer!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

No problem!
                            Just now also realized that my "Nope." was a bit ambiguous. That was meant to answer the first question in your post, not your last question

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow really good mod!
                              Thank you so much!

After playing around with it, here's what I found:

Basic sprinkler:
                              +4 slots = no extra cost
                              +44 slots = 9 copper and iron bars

Quality sprinkler:
                              +8 slots = no extra cost
                              +115 slots = 12 iron, gold bars and 12 refined quartz
                              +116 to +120 slots = 13 (not recommended)

Iridium sprinkler:
                              +16 slots = no extra cost
                              +49 slots = 2 gold, iridium bars and 2 batteries
                              +74 slots = 3 gold, iridium bars and 2 batteries
                              +199 slots = 8 gold, iridium bars and 2 batteries
                              +200 slots = 9 (HIGHLY not recommended)

If you are looking to water around 122 slots, you have three options:

1 iridium sprinkler (+99 extra green slots) = 4 gold, iridium bars and 4 battery packs
                              1 quality sprinkler (+115 extra green slots) = 12 iron, gold bars and 12 refined quartz
                              3 basic sprinklers (+44,+44,+34) = 25 copper and iron bars

I would go with basic sprinkler as how easy copper and iron bars are obtained (mine or buy).

• OrSpeeder

You minmaxers always amaze me!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I am also a bit of a minmaxer, but I also don't want to feel like I am abusing the system, so I am actually using this mod 'normally'.

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

have to say I love this mod now

• DungeonRyu

DungeonRyu Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to make sprinklers more expensive? Because even when I change price in the config.json file the price jumps up and then back down, which is weird.
                                      I also think sprinklers should cost progressively more, when you add more slots, right now it's just too cheap.

• Trestkon

Trestkon Void-Bound Voyager

I use another mod to display a grid area using F3, what binding address would I use to change the scarecrow default key from F3 to lets say F1 or F5?

• kittenhead

kittenhead Intergalactic Tourist

I wondering if there is a way I can disable in game editing of the sprinkler size? I have a little one who plays this game who would figure out pretty quick that she can set it to vanilla, make a bunch for cheaper then change them to max watering space.