Connecting Storage with Crafting Stations

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Guest0241525, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

One feature I'd love is the ability to connect storage objects with crafting stations, so that items from inside the connected storage items can be remotely used as crafting ingredients.

That way, you wouldn't have to keep everything in your inventory.

rpek32 likes this.
  2. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

Good idea, it would avoid the "lost resources". But at the same time, there would be no point in organizing the storage area, and it would be a mess... Maybe it would be better to make a machine called "Smart Storage". This machine could be just an interface connected to all your real storages. The real storages couldn't be openned after you conected them to the interface (connection by wire). So, when you open the interface at the Smart Storage, a huge window would appear with a scroll bar, and the items would be organized by type (blocks, etc.). If we get this, I don't think we would need to worry about our full inventory, we just go there at the interface and throw everything inside. Then we take what we need.

And if you want to go further, add the machine that you want connected to the Smart Storage, but I don't think it's needed.