1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Console Exclusive Content

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by POChrist, Mar 4, 2018.

1. POChrist

POChrist Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if there will be console exclusive content? I really hope not. It annoys me when developers do this stuff.

2. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Given that the game is over a year old at this point, in "final retail" form, I should sodding well hope not.

That's one of the many things they did get right.

3. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

There should couch co-op functionality for the PC version too since it's already going to be on the console version/

4. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Should be *what* for the PC version? same-system Co-op?

That one is surprisingly hard to do correctly on PC, because reasons.
    (reasons which I admit to partial ignorance of, but will gladly speculate upon as "an idiot a bean-counter was involved")

In all seriousness, it is simply a profound differenece in PC vs console controlling architecture, PC is oriented for single-user of multiple simultaneous controlling devices, at the same time. (keyboard + Mouse being the oldest and longest serving example)
    Consoles though, (the ones that aren't gimped by their own manufacturers) are oriented to multiple-simultaneous-users, and thus control systems needed to differentiate between Player one and player two.
    (coincidentally, many Arcade machines use the second architecture)

In most PC's I've owned and/or worked on, the "controller" system is a (few) single-port device (the software is often all the same multi-port monster, but since the hardware side is gimped, ...), and most user-input flows in through that one existing port. (Microphone and Line-in are an entirely different system to keyboard & mouse)
    (note that most machines sub-divide this port such that the user sees many ports for USB, but they are all, ultimately, spliced into the single USB port on the inside of the machine)

5. plantys

plantys Master Chief

I don't think there's gonna be one...

6. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe just a new cosmetic item, but we can easily get it on pc too thanks to modders