content patcher, how to preview my own dialogue expansion mod?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by xinmure, Apr 29, 2020.

1. xinmure

xinmure Intergalactic Tourist

i really suck at explaining things, so here i go:

i made a dialogue expansion mod for sebastian, but whenever i try to preview it on the game, it doesn't show my own dialogue, it shows the basic dialogue that comes from the original game.

of course i'm not replacing it, but i dont' know how to get my own dialogue to show up afterwards.

whenever i talk to sebastian, it's the original game dialogue, and then i can't seem to talk to him anymore to try up a new dialogue, possibly mine.

i checked to the smapi.io and i basically have no error. here is the code.

is there a way for me to only see my own dialogue expansion without any other dialogue for testing's sake?

i saw in a modding guide i have to put a null, for example:

"Spring_Mon": null
    "Spring_Tue": null
    "Spring_Wed": null
    "Spring_Thu": null
    "Spring_Fri": null

and i tried but it didn't work;;

• Syraye

Syraye Space Hobo

Hi there! I've been trying to create my own dialogue mods for a while, but haven't found any easy way to test it.

It's probably the most time consuming way of testing, but what I've been doing is using an existing game save file and setting the timestamp (example Mon6 or summer_15) to the current day of week or heart level, loading the game, then talking to that character.

Based off the file you shared, everything should trigger except the dialogue set for 3 hearts. According to the dialogue modding wiki only 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 hearts are valid, all the others will be ignored. You do not need to set the dialogue to null unless you do not want any dialogue to generate when those conditions are met.