Controller stopped working on PC game

Discussion in 'Mods' started by mistress.darkestar, Sep 9, 2020.

1. mistress.darkestar

mistress.darkestar Aquatic Astronaut

Hello -

I hope someone can assist me with an issue I just started having. I am playing Stardew on my computer running Windows 10. I've been using an XBox 360 wired controller for years with no problem. Because of the Mods, I've been launching Api through Vortex with no issue since I started playing again a week or two ago.

Occasionally I would have an issue with the controller not responding, though keyboard controls still worked, and I blamed it on a new Windows update or not having restarted for a while. But this evening I restarted my computer twice and it still didn't fix it.

The game opens and loads with no problem through Vortex, but there's no response at all from the controller during launch, selecting the game, or after the game has started. Unplugging and plugging back in the controller changes the select icon from arrow to hand, but nothing else happens. The controller still works on other games.

I'm hoping someone with more familiarity with Stardew will have some insight into why this specifically has become a problem.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
    Tabitha

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator