1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Controller Support Is a Necessary Feature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by WillCo Gaming, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WillCo Gaming

WillCo Gaming Void-Bound Voyager

I play this game on PC, and so yes, I know, I should use a mouse, but sometimes I like to kick back, relax, and hook up a gamepad. Seeing as the devs are working on a console version of the game, it seems like it'd be possible to add controller support to the desktop version as well. This game's visual style would be perfect for it, I think. I know currently I can configure a controller to work with the game, but the mouse and UI are really finicky with that setup, and so some (official) controller support would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Zanefold likes this.
  2. Corgano

Corgano Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1. Even now releasing an xbox version, back-port the controller support! Even if you only support xinput controllers (which the xbox version HAS TO DO ANYWAYS) just copy paste that into the main branch.

Zanefold likes this.
  3. Zanefold

Zanefold Intergalactic Tourist

I so desperately want to play this in the living room with steam link and my Xbox One controller. So much so that I created an account just to post this comment. My wife and I own many different Chucklefish games (wife has Stardew Valley on both Nintendo Switch and her phone, and I have Wargroove on switch and Starbound on steam). I'm sure you guys have a lot going on and that its more complex to do than we probably realize due to possibly re-building the UI for controller support, however I really hope this is something that's in the works!

4. Neumeier

Neumeier Orbital Explorer

What this person said.