1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Coordinates Megathread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Farithry

Farithry Space Hobo

Win7/64Bit (Multiplayer)

x:-12, y:0
    Beta Eta Ser 38 III c
    Threat: Extreme, High Temp
    Avain Airship [Map x1] and Floran Temple [Bone Carving x2]
    -Left from beamdown is the temple, going right is faster to the airship... if I recall correctly.

x:-722507699, y:-255489643
    Epsilon Chi Aqr 9351 I a
    Floran Temple [Bone Carvings x2]
    -Right from beamdown is faster to the temple
    Epsilon Chi Aqr 9351 II
    Avain Dungeon [Moon Emblems x LOTS]
    -Can't remember what way I ran first... sorry >.<
    Epsilon Chi Aqr 9351 II a
    Glitch Castle [Globe x1]
    -Right from beamdown, very small planet
    Epsilon Chi Aqr 9351 III
    USCM Penal Colony [USCM Sign x2]
    -Immediately to the left of beamdown, have to turn off the switch on top as usual to take the signs

(Edit: Adding more coordinates and bolding them, underlining quest items)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    DrVoodoo likes this.
  2. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Really? Did you find it growing in the wild? In a chest? What biome? I looked all through the raws, but I couldn't find any information on where to find it.

leracos likes this.
  3. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

Windows 7, 64 bit
    Single Player
    Avian tomb (7 moon emblems)
    (856666569, 984136195) Epsilon Kurhah Minoris I a
    Alien Planet
    Walk to the right, the tomb is pretty close to the the landing zone.
    This system has many alien planets[DOUBLEPOST=1423229731][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just a tip, not coordinates, I often find blank, tech cards in the shallow surface caves of frozen planets without oceans.

Apex Temple with Matter Block generator. First one I've found since the update!
    Same system as above
    Epsilon Kurhah Minoris II
    Head to left when you land on the planet.

4. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Has anyone found the tiny village sub-biome? Supposedly it can also spawn on the surface as well, but I haven't found it anywhere. Or any frog merchants like you used to find underground. It seems to me 90% of the time underground is just outpost mini-rooms or flesh sub-biomes. Very rarely have I found anything else. I think the universe spawn generator is skewed in their favor. (I'm on Win 8.1 64 bit, btw)

Temchak, moomoomilkman and Roselle like this.
  5. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

X: -57396994
    Y: -260998633

Gamma Gamma Dor Minoris I a

Threat: Dangerous
    Surface: Ice and snow; temp. dangerously low (need the appropriate environmental suit)
    Day Length: 14m
    Size: 3000 (tiny)
    Gravity: 0.806x
    Weather: Sun, very cold, snow, whatever. Nothing notable.

Going right, you're immediately within an ice surface minibiome with an ice chest visible. Continuing right, I found seven ice chests total, among plentiful geometric (ice) trees. Some of the chests are underground within caves visible from the surface. Small amount of digging required to access some of them.

Might have been a couple bandit camps; one was dead when I arrived. There is also a golden-type avian temple with those little blue computer screens on the walls in one chamber. Good find. There is also a golden ducky here.

At least three snowmen across the surface, including one right in front of the avian temple, which I found hilarious. X'D

There is also a surface or barely subsurface chest containing a reed organ (instrument).

Somewhere along the route in a surface-visible cave (I think within a hillside) is a green tech chest.

Total ice loot:
    • ice chest x7
    • snowflakes (not sure how many actually inside chests)
    • snowman snowglobe
    • snowflake shuriken x 3
    • ice table blueprint x2
    • ice machine (storage container) blueprint
    • ice door blueprint
    Other loot:
    • aegisalt ore x4
    • violium ore x4
    • diamond x 3
    • eggshoot & seeds
    • diodia seeds x 3
    • boltbulb x 3
    • carrot x 3
    • a few medical kits (maybe 6, maybe more)
    • thrashstick, 1h grenade launcher
    uncommon
    DPS 277
    ROF: 0.39
    Per Shot: 705
    EPS: 156​

The frozen ocean planet in the same system, Gamma Gamma Dor Minoris I b, has some ice chests across the islands as well. I don't remember what else I found there, but it is worth investigation.

Gamma Gamma Dor Minoris II b is a similar planet here which offers similar stuff as I described above, but also includes a cyclops yeti mask.

Gamma Gamma Dor Minoris VI: I dub thee Planet of the Ice Spears. Across the surface, in the frequently-occurring ice minibiomes, you will loot these things of special noteworthiness:
    • frost shield (200 HP)
    • frost spear x4 (rare, DPS 640, swing speed 1.18, damage per swing 544)
    • at least one frost crown, though I think I got two here
    At one point about midway across the planet's surface (though perhaps closer if you head right from spawn), there is an underground Outpost-style room visible from the surface. Look for a small valley in which brown rock is suddenly visible amidst all the snow.

You can find a few more rooms with Outpost furniture by digging around a bit in this area. Further digging (sorry, I forget which direction) will bring you to a series of buried glitch rooms. I found several of these by making my way mostly left and downward, but found nothing else of interest. Granted, I hate spelunking in this game, so I never spend much time on it. :'B

bumblebree likes this.
  6. Auxano

Auxano Void-Bound Voyager

Ok isnt the game world procedural generated? Because if it is coordinates dont make sense. I tried finding a shared coordinate and there wasnt a star there... am I crazy?

7. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

I think the coordinates work like a seed.

8. Mystagogue

Mystagogue Lucky Number 13

I explored this whole dungeon and didn't see any stone carvings,

EDIT: There is also a Floran prison here, which is what I explored. thanks.

9. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

The coordinates are a seed, much like Minecraft, it generates the world but the seed will make them match. Something is weird with the latest stable update though because coordinates are often not matching and haven't figured out what's making them not match.

10. Roselle

Just letting you folks know that I've updated my post here with other finds within the same system. Got some great stuff, so wanted to share.

11. Wurner

Wurner Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, I went there and found a golden ducky. However, I passed a bone biome going to the right, not a tar biome. The coordinates were also slightly off for me, I found it at 211975091, 425229446 (win 8.1, 64-bit). Ducky was sitting in a window in the first building.

12. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

It was alien planet, I remember that much; there were just trees made of crystal. Got tons of the stuff, but IIRC no saplings for them.

Roselle likes this.
  13. kittentamer

Okay, I found gnome houses! I dug straight down under a tar biome. I'm not sure how far. It didn't have the soft bricks, though, the houses were just on the dirt.
    [​IMG]

<edit> I read somewhere that having had unstable installed prior to Upbeat Giraffe might be why some coordinates don't work? I had it installed with the above planet. I'm going to backup my shipworld and player save, then do a clean install to see if I can find more coordinates people have listed. =)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  14. Lord Scrappington

Lord Scrappington Subatomic Cosmonaut

requesting coordinates for USCM Bunker
    also chef spawners. thanks

15. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

I had unstable, figured it was why my coordinates don't match. I backed up and deleted my universe and generated a new one. The new one is different... but still not matching most people's coordinates.

16. kittentamer

Well, at the least I'll have fun with a new starter location and start fresh with the exploring! I'm not just deleting the universe, though, I'm completely deleting Starbound and reinstalling. I'll let you know if it seems to help.

17. Artaxian

Artaxian Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone have new coordinates to a planet with an Avian Pirate ship, If so please post them. Thanks.

18. Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

Planet Info
    Name: Delta Alkaid Minoris IV
    Features: Glitch Village to the left of spawn (has the Glitch Codex and a ton of lore entries in a library), numerous Spring Chests.

Coordinates
    X: 874456493
    Y: 850478353

Enjoy!

19. Roselle

@kittentamer, I did not have unstable installed before Upbeat Giraffe was launched, and I have had some trouble with coordinates even from players using my exact OS.

Anyway, so this isn't a noncontributory post, I have more interesting coordinates to share. Get used to my format being inconsistent; I sometimes copy these directly from my messy notepad file. X'D Cleaned it up a bit for you dears.

Running: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

X: -57396990
    Y: -260998629

Epsilon Aquacia 4996 VI

alien. non-breathable atmosphere. high radiation. need level 2 suit.
    size:
    6000 (medium)
    day length: 15m
    weather: sun, star rain

Going left from spawn, I found the following loot:

• various eye furniture blueprints
    • terrifying eye hat
    • eyeball shield
    • eye chest x5 (I had to dig slightly underground for at least one of these.)
    • corrosive grenade x4
    • symbiote (cute green squid-like hat)
    • a matter generator building
    • alien laser gun: DPS 276, ROF 0.50, 552 damage per shot, 150 EPS; fire effect
    • caustic stag helmet (looks like a blue-green mutant stag beetle--weird!)
    • some oculemon seeds

I got three rare guns of different kinds from this planet. At least one was from a surface chest, but as for the rest, not sure. My first trip, I went immediately underground (from juuust left of spawn) to farm uranium. Then I went AFK for a long time. Therefore, I don't remember where some of the stuff in my inventory came from, except that it is from this planet. X'D Sorry. This is a good one worth exploring, though.

Sharing this one within the same system because I found a highly sought-after item:

Epsilon Aquacia 4996 I

Risky. Poison oceans. High radiation.
    Day Length:
    12m
    Size: 6000
    Gravity: 1.097x

Just to the right of beam-down, there is a chest containing the toxic flower backpack. I found five toxic chests total, continuing right across this miserable world to investigate the islands.

I remember when this biome was equally pretty and challenging; now it is ugly and boring. Sigh.

Anyway, other loot I collected:
    • toxic chest x5
    • toxic chair blueprint
    • toxic lamp blueprint
    • toxictop x15; toxictop seeds x14 (an unusal bounty for the new form of this biome, in my experience)
    • hunter jacket

Epsilon Aquacia 4996 IV

Poison ocean planet. High radiation.
    Size:
    Sun. Poison rain.

Another depressing poison planet, but I found a few noteworthy items here in surface chests:
    • toxic waste (backpack: "A barrel of toxic waste. Possibly floran formal wear." FLORAN ISSSS OFFENDED! Floran would never wear ssssuch trasssshhh.)
    • dice shield (HP 165)
    • oboe

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    hanamayhem likes this.
  20. SlateRipper

SlateRipper Void-Bound Voyager

Win 7 64bit
    X=796572610 Y=378264786
    Alpha Cygnus X-1 814 IV
    This is an Ocean planet with Moderate threat.
    Immediately right of the spawn are two chests. The second one contains 2 Water Swords (too bad they are 2-handed):
    DPS: 203
    Swing Speed: 1.25
    Damage: 163
    It also shoots bubbles with each swing. Decent if you are currently wearing titanium gear (rogue). Also, being an ocean planet, it is good for farming kelp if you are on that quest. It has grass that can be cut down to get plant fibre, making it a nice place to farm for bandages.