Cost of Stardew Valley: Collectors Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CamouflageCadet, Feb 13, 2017.

1. CamouflageCadet

CamouflageCadet Tentacle Wrangler

It was announced that a Collectors Edition would be sold in stores for PS4/XB1 starting April 11. Announced HERE.
    I was wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost? I was thinking about getting it, but it'll definitely depend on price.

• Pazzie

Pazzie Space Spelunker

You can preorder it from GAME for £19.99. Although I have the game on digital I might get the collectors edition purely for the guide book. I was hoping the strategy guide book would had sold separately but can't find one anywhere.

• ChaosB

ChaosB Astral Cartographer

The mini-guidebook is almost certain to stay Collector's Edition specific, as an extra little reward for those that might be buying the game again, but if you've got the spare cash for what certainly looks like a seriously impressive game guide you can find the 'full' version here:

https://www.fangamer.com/products/stardew-valley-guidebook

• CovisGod

CovisGod Tentacle Wrangler

£20 is a bargain for a disc release. I have no intention of playing it on Xbox but I'll still buy it

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I have friends who own a PS4. One of them will recieve the disc/key as a gift.
            The book looks really nice. If the favorite gifts for each villager are listed somewhere in it, it will be a real help for people who haven't heard of the wiki.

• Pazzie

Pazzie Space Spelunker

Shame it's US and not from the UK. I might get stung from import duties with that one. I take it this book won't be the one they will add in the collectors edidtion.

• ChaosB

ChaosB Astral Cartographer

Yes and no. From the CE announcement link:

'Mini-Guidebook: A miniature version of Kari Fry’s gorgeous Stardew Valley Guidebook, to aid you as you learn to run your own farm and charm your new neighbors.'

So the CE will include a trimmed down version of the full guidebook(I can't imagine they would include the exact same book and merely shrink down the page size, given the full book is a hefty 224 pages) that will likely contain the major points like gifts, bundles and whatnot.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Eh.

I don't own a PS4, I have no intention of ever owning one, so the temptation for me is null. I tend to be the one writing guides, rather than reading them, so there's not much incentive for me. I will admit, however, that the guide book is adorably cute with the illustrations.

• CovisGod

CovisGod Tentacle Wrangler

I'm hoping the disc release will bring with it a bit of extra hype for the game here in the U.K. And people may start stocking that guide book. I really want one but with import duty and postage your looking at £60

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

oh man i would LOVE the disc release for ps4, thanks for putting it on my radar!

Gerndalf likes this.