Modding Help Could someone awesome, be so kind as to resurrect the Little Grey Aliens?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Archangel1313, Feb 20, 2016.

?

Would you like to see Little Grey Aliens in the Starbound Universe?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. Archangel1313

Archangel1313 Void-Bound Voyager

I have all the old files, and I even managed to clone them on my own once, for enraged koala, by frankensteining the original graphics into a copy of something else...but that was just for me...and I'm afraid that all my recent attempts at cloning them again have been abortive, and I can't resolve the genetic anomalies with my current level of code comprehension.

I have so far been unsuccessful at converting this elusive and iconic race into any kind of giraffe-friendly strain...and I'm SERIOUSLY Jonesing for my little grey scientists. Please help!

If there is anyone out there AWESOME enough (and BORED enough) to help resurrect the Greys from virtual extinction... you will have my immediate and eternal appreciation...and I may even name my first born clone after you. ;-)

I have all the original graphics, if they aren't still available for download.

1.png 2.png

2. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

No thanks on the clone...but I shall see what I can do on reviving it for you (and probably only you unless the original author has given permission).

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You mean the mod where the mod author has stated "They are back"?

Relten likes this.
  4. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Well in that case...I guess I better not then.

Sweet! More time to continue working on my own mod junk, Thank you very much @Mackinz.

5. Archangel1313

No permissions...I sent a note to the original author almost a year ago, and got no response. The last update on the "Classic Grey Aliens" page (found in the outdated mods section) says that they are no longer working on Starbound mods at all.
    That was September 2014.

Up until this last Giraffe update, I had been using the old files, but with every update there were snags that had to be ironed out...until finally all I get are obscure json errors that don't really help me isolate the source of the problem.
    I have absolutely NO intention of uploading, or in any way taking credit...I just like the race, and would be very sad if it dies completely.

6. Archangel1313

When did they say that? I've been watching the page like a hawk, and the last post on there said that the author is no longer working on it...and that was well over a year ago.
    If you know something I don't, please fill me in. If the Greys are coming back...I'll totally wait. But if it's a dead mod...then I still need help keeping them from going completely extinct.

(update: I just noticed you left a link to the conversation...thanks)

7. Archangel1313

OOOOHHH...nevermind!!! My patience has been re-charged...I'll just wait for Shadewarp to release. ;-)

8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

T-T-T-TRIPLE POST!

Please try to edit your posts instead of double and triple posting.

9. Archangel1313

Hehe...sorry. I'm not too familiar with talking to people in forums. Or anywhere, for that matter.

techno_spider and Relten like this.