1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Craftable Force Field/Shield Generator 2.0

Everyone know what this thing can do.

1. meterroz

meterroz Void-Bound Voyager

meterroz submitted a new mod:

Craftable Force Field/Shield Generator - Everyone know what this thing can do.

Read more about this mod...

2. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Does this also stop mobs from spawning, like how they won't spawn in the radius of the vanilla dungeon shield generators?

3. meterroz

meterroz updated Craftable Force Field/Shield Generator with a new update entry:

Craftable Force Field/Shield Generator (fixed blue print conflict)

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1436546371][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes it will, as long as your structure is completely covered and closed doors, meaning, no open backing. I've experienced building with open backing even though in closed walls, monsters spawn. I closed the backing with whatever terrain materials and they stopped spawning.

As you might have noticed, devs made dungeons with shield generators completely enclosed i.e. (abandoned apex research lab with jumping maze & apex facilities)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    CrimsonGiraffe likes this.
  4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Im confused as to how this works. The only thing you added to the existing shield generator script is "if virtual then return end". How does your work where others have failed?

Also, it works for the planet itself, but NOT any microdungeons that are generated as well. This includes all the land features.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  5. meterroz

You're right there. From what I know, of this protects only the player placed objects/materials/etcetera NOT the generated microdungeons. It is because non-player generated items/structures show different dungeonID.

Take a look at my screen shots. To my left is my captured apex research facility that has a built in shield generator. See the dungeon id where my mouse pointer was pointed at?
    screenshot_dungeonid0.png

Now notice the dungeon id where my mouse pointer is pointed at of the pregenerated world.
    screenshot_dungeonid65535.png

And last but not the least, the dungeon id of my placed wooden planks
    screenshot_dungeonid65532.png

The planet that has a dungeon and a shield generator protects every material blocks/objects with a value of 0. Placing your material or objects not adjacent to that 0 will not be protected. However, if you disable the generator and put your custom block material/objects, and you reenable the generator, your placed objects or materials will also get protected.

As you can see in this screen shot, my placed teleporter became part of the dungeon id group, therefore indestructible too.
    screenshot_dungonidprotected.png

If you use my generator, and when you place it, your placed generator gets the dungeonid player placed objects which is in my case is 65532. It always applies the rule that when a player placed any objects or material blocks, it sets to a specific dungeon id. Therefore, since the placed generator gets the player placed objects dungeon id too, when you enable it, all player placed materials or objects will get protected as well as the generator itself. Other dungeon ids won't get protection unless you specifically set it to admin set tile protection.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Interesting. So the reason why dungeon generators only protect the dungeon they spawn in is because of this I'd association. Good to know.

7. 710Benny

710Benny Space Hobo

help! When i used it worked, but it dissapered and i cant turn it off. What do i do?

8. RazgrizRaptor

RazgrizRaptor Void-Bound Voyager

so I placed the generator on my home planet and I can't mine anything on the planet, even if I remove the generator and the mod... anyone know how to fix this? >.<;

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out how to fix the problem. ^^

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  9. meterroz

please elaborate about its disappearance. i.e. what are you trying to do when it disappeared; did it disappear after quitting and loading back the game? etc.. etc..
    sorry for the delayed reply (busy)

10. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Nice mod!

11. meterroz

meterroz updated Craftable Force Field/Shield Generator with a new update entry:

Force Field Generator v2.0 - Pleased Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

So what's the range on this thing? Does it just project a limited bubble of protection or does it protect ALL player-placed structures on the planet?

13. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I believe it protects all player built structures on a single planet.

14. zombiex227

zombiex227 Big Damn Hero

Its weird, if you place it and turn it off then on it works, but if you turn it off and place a block down then turn it on, it wont be protected.[DOUBLEPOST=1446335220][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok so the generator is no longer visible but the shield is still active, cant place anything down or pick anything up...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  15. DragoClaws514

DragoClaws514 Void-Bound Voyager

too bad. doesn't work in multiplayer like the previous one. :l

16. Therandompers

Therandompers Orbital Explorer

well, installed this screwed around with and then broke my ship.......cause apparently if you mine them the effect still stays and you cant place it to remove it......fucking brilliant

17. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

You can use admin commands to disable tile protection.

Also, did you slash at the generator or mine it?

18. Therandompers

mined it before turning off....cause would of expected a force field generator would you know...protect its self while on

19. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Hm, strange. The only way that could happen is if the generator had a different dungeon ID than the one it was protecting, which it shouldn't...

Not sure what to do there.

20. Therandompers

well googled the commands for starbound and disabled the shenanigans.....and no offense but not going to redownload the mod due to the weirdness