1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Crash on Launch

Discussion in 'Support' started by FoldYourWings, Feb 4, 2019.

1. FoldYourWings

FoldYourWings Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Keep getting this on launch. Uninstalled and Reinstalled and problem persists.

Attached Files:

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya, unfortunately it seems that your save has been corrupted. Did your pc turn off at any point while the game was running?
      We are currently working on a fix to hopefully stop the error message, but there is nothing we can do about the corrupted save I'm afraid.

If you head to AppData/Roaming/Chucklefish/Wargroove/Save you'll see a file titled 'PlayerProgress' drag and drop this anywhere else on your PC and then try running the game again. Make sure that steam cloud is disabled otherwise it will just re-write the corrupted file back in.
      If it works, yay, sort of, unfortunately you'll have lost your progress, and I'm so sorry. If it doesn't, let me know. It might be another file within the save folder that has become corrupted in which case you may get to save your file.

• FoldYourWings

I located the file and moved it out of the folder and attempted to re-launch but am still getting the same error it appears. Is there anything else I can upload to help discern the issue?

I think my PC did crash when I was playing it but I don't think it was during my most recent play session. I could be wrong, however.

It's not a huge loss if I lose my save file, so no worries there. I don't mind losing data, as long as I still get to play the game.

• FoldYourWings

Sorry, forgot to mention this. Is the Steam Cloud Synch I'm supposed to be disabling done within the properties menu of Wargroove or elsewhere? I may be disabling the wrong Synch since I've noticed it in multiple places.

• Shubeans

You can disable it from Wargroove properties by right clicking on Wargroove in the steam Library, selecting 'properties', selecting 'updates' and un-checking it.
            You may need to delete the data all over again. If you're brave enough you can delete the whole Wargroove folder, and that will delete any saves you will have, rather than just remove playerprogress.

FoldYourWings likes this.
            • FoldYourWings

Okay, I did unmark the correct box. So, to clarify, do you mean deleting the contents of the Wargroove save Folder or the entire Wargroove folder itself? I tried deleting the entire contents of the Save folder but am still getting the error, and I double-checked to make sure the save file wasn't replacing itself via the Cloud.

• Shubeans

Delete the whole wargrovoe folder :D
                Please back this up if you care about your saves though!

If that doesn't work, could you send me your playerProfile file that will be created?

• FoldYourWings

Alright, well deleting the whole folder seemed to do the trick. Thanks a bunch! You and the whole team at Chucklefish are awesome people. Keep up the good work!