1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crashes when closing Menu of Tech Station and Rob Repairo Shop

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Woojoo333, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Woojoo333

Woojoo333 Void-Bound Voyager

I am running mac in version 10.9.5.

Whenever I open the Tech Selection at the Outpost I am able to mess with it, but as soon upon closing it I crash. When reopening the game I am at one of my flag locations, in this case the first flag I ever placed.

http://pastebin.com/DGkh0VjN Pastebin of a crash when closing the Tech Station Menu

Attached is a duplicated log of a crash where I opened Rob Repairo's shop and then closed the menu. There are possibly other menus that can cause this crash, but these two are the only I know of.

I also put the mods I run below, but I doubt they are the main culprit of this issue. I contacted a mod developer with my starbound.log because I thought it was due to the Active Stealth Module mod, and he responded with this

"A segfault - Starbound is doing something badly with its memory on the C++ side then. And it occurs in a .dylib file, which is a Mac specific format. Really sorry, but there's not much I can do... I don't have a Mac : / You might make a bug report on the Chucklefish forums; I don't think any of the other mods are likely relevant, but I bet this is
    reproducible with just this one."

He also later responded with

"It looks like the recent update caused a number of Mac issues... crashes when using the ancient console to the Outpost and the like. I bet some pretty core code got a bit unglued, hopefully there's a nice common cause they can address soon!"

Now on this note, I guess it seems obvious maybe I should just uninstall this mod as that may fix it. But nope, with tech mods it seems if you uninstall them you lose all access to tech until you reinstall them.

Mods I run are
    Disabled Drop in Survival Mode
    Tanz Lighting Overhaul
    Active Stealth Module (ur mod)
    Efficient Watering
    Inventory Interface Redone
    Compact Crops
    EverFrogg
    Perennial Crops
    Slow Hunger
    Craftable Seeds
    Better Food (Expiry Times)
    128-Slot Ship Lockers
    Formidable Crewmembers
    One-Handed Torch
    Extended Songbook
    Food Stack
    Improved Containers
    Weapon Stats.

Thanks ahead! I really appreciate all the work with this game, and I have been following it since I believe preordering it some years ago.

Attached Files:

Chewbot130 likes this.
  2. Holkjasl

Holkjasl Void-Bound Voyager

Same for me here

3. A Fat Lunchlady

A Fat Lunchlady Space Hobo

Same issue here

4. Chewbot130

Chewbot130 Space Hobo

Same thing happening with mine but I'm not using any mods, can't change my tech abilities and leave without crashing and can buy stuff from that Pete dude and leave his shop without it crashing -.- I'm also using mac

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  5. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why is it only the people using Mac suffering?*cries in corner awaiting PC master trace comments*

6. Woojoo333

Woojoo333 Void-Bound Voyager

cuz mac people are inferior in the mind of the developers :(. jk, but mac always has a lot more issues. and that's cuz people make games for PC, then port it to mac. so PC is the focus

alextulinov likes this.
  7. Chewbot130

Chewbot130 Space Hobo

All fixed now, thanks!