1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Crashing when beaming up to ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by VehicularZombicide, Oct 18, 2019.

1. VehicularZombicide

VehicularZombicide Master Chief

I was able to teleport to and from my ship without issue until suddenly I couldn't after completing a rescue mission. Whenever I teleport to my ship or respawn the game simply crashes during the teleport loading screen. I don't believe it is a mod incompatibility because it worked fine for several hours with my current modlist before it suddenly stopped working.

Here is my log file.

Attached Files:

2. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This error seems to be the culprit.
    [14:08:27.138] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /npcs/crew/crewmembermechanic.npctype.patch in source: ..\mods\Crew_Plus. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "period" to remove
    [14:08:27.222] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /npcs/crew/crewmemberengineer.npctype.patch in source: ..\mods\Crew_Plus. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "period" to remove

A mod known as Crew_Plus might be the causing of this crash. Remove the mod and try again to see if your game will work.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

JsonPatchExceptions normally dont cause any crashes. It might be that questionable mod tho. A few errors and crashes were caused by said mod.
    Since the log doesnt provide any error at all it might also be sth with your OS messing up. These errors are usually not caught inside the log.

4. VehicularZombicide

I tried removing Crew Plus and the questionable mod, but with no avail. I'm pretty sure the error is being caused by the following lines:

[02:15:05.771] [Info] UniverseServer: Loading client ship world ClientShipWorld:bd3892ff7ffefedcce5c20b60947152c
    [02:15:05.997] [Info] Protected dungeonIds for world set to (65524)
    [02:15:07.285] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to ClientShipWorld:bd3892ff7ffefedcce5c20b60947152c
    [02:15:07.290] [Info] UniverseServer: Stopping idle world CelestialWorld:-78409542:67654577:-88406923:7:3
    [02:15:07.303] [Info] Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed

Those are the last lines in the log before the game crashes. However, I'm not sure what to make of them. Here's the newest log file for reference.

Attached Files:

5. Iris Blanche

These lines are only informational lines and not errors. According to the log the questionable mod is still present. However the log still doesn't show any errors when it happens. Does the game completely crash with an additional error message? If yes can you provide a screenshot of said error?
    Also what did you place on your ship before the issue started happening? Maybe any crew-related things? What else did change until the issue started happening? Do you receive any additional errors from your OS when it happens? Do you have the opportunity to run the 64bit executable instead of the 32bit?

6. VehicularZombicide

Here's the log file without the questionable mod.

The game completely crashes to desktop without throwing an error message. The only item I recently placed on my ship was the fossil bench. That was the only change I made prior to the crash, and even that worked fine for a little while. I ran the 64 bit executable with the same results. Furthermore, this error only occurs on this character- I can still beam to and from my ship just fine with other characters.

Attached Files:

7. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This error seems to be the culprit. Try removing the sexbound mod and see if it'll function then.
    [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sexbound1-codex, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sexbound1-codex'
    [11:10:43.555] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sexboundloungeableaddon, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sexboundloungeableaddon'
    [11:10:43.648] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[sexboundloungeableaddon, 2, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'sexboundloungeableaddon'

8. VehicularZombicide

Okay, so I think I fixed it. No clue how this works, but here's what I did.

I went in to my Starbound/storage/player folder and copied the .shipworld files to somewhere completely unrelated to Starbound. Then I restarted the game and loaded my character- but since I removed the shipworld files, when I beamed up I ended up on the starting BYOS ship. From there I beamed down to the planet and exited the game. I then went into the player folder again and deleted the new .shipworld files and replaced them with the old ones that I copied earlier.

Loading the game again and attempting to beam between ship and planet appears to work just fine now. Not sure why or how, but it does.

tigerfestival likes this.
  9. Iris Blanche

Errors regarding instantiation are due to removed mods. This normally dont cause a crash and if it does it deffo appears in the log with an appropriate stacktrace. :nuruwink:

This is a weird issue which i've never encountered before but i'm glad you fixed it. Happy starbounding. :nuruhappy: