1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Create-A-Friend v2.3 for SB v1.0

Create and equip custom NPCs!

1. SilvieSkydancer

SilvieSkydancer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Config panel doesn't seem to work. The spawner itself works fine, but when I interact with the config panel, it just pulls up an empty GUI.

[​IMG]

I have several custom race mods installed, by the way, in case that's causing a problem.

2. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

The mod is working in stable only. >_>

3. SilvieSkydancer

I am using stable, though. Glad Giraffe.

4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Well... I just thought you could try to do so, since the last post I saw from you, was about the bug in the Nightly build.

5. SilvieSkydancer

I switch between Stable and Nightly depending on whether or not I feel like playing modded or vanilla!

6. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Custom races *should* work fine if they are error-free, but they might not be. Could you post up the contents of your starbound.log file?

7. DesjTheBruh

DesjTheBruh Aquatic Astronaut

so i placed down the spawner and everything seems to be just fine, the human spawned and i added clothing on to her, but sudddenly i realize i didnt want the spawner to be at the spot where i placed it so i decided i want to place it somewhere else and redo the process again, but the npc didnt despawn and i cant kill it, cant add clothing and etc, it is just there and i cant do anything about it please help peelz :(

8. Vilespring

Vilespring Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just mine the spawner, the NPC should vanish immediately.

9. DesjTheBruh

I did mine the spawner, like as you said but the npc didnt vanish and i cant kill it, i cant put cloths on it, it just walking around and able to interact. so basically the problem is that it wont despawn

10. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

The best way to get rid of them would be to /spawnitem a bunch of molotovs and throw those at the npc. Bombs work too, but are destructive to blocks.
    Out of curiosity, where did you place the spawner and how long had it been placed before you tried to pick it up? I'll probably need to make some changes to keep something like this from happening again.

11. DesjTheBruh

I placed the spawner in my ship in the middle of a room, and it was just a few seconds before i wanted to pick it up since i didnt like where i placed it, and thanks peelz... i'll go ahead and try your bomb/molotovs method :)..... Edited/Update i tried your method and it works but it did took alot to kill them.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  12. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

@Peelz I don't mean to pressure you or anything, but I'm hoping you can figure out how to customize their appearance. Great mod :up:

Sunrider2.png

Almost there:

lineup2.jpg

13. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I'm... not really sure what you are asking. Creating the characters in that image should already be possible (assuming you have the mods installed that provide those races/clothes).

14. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I'm just talking about being able to choose hair style and color. The apex uniforms work perfectly in this case.

Mods would only be necessary for other crews like Firefly, for example. I'll definitely need several ships for 1.0. Firefly, Star Trek, Dark Matter... I want all those crews and your mod is the best way to get the characters with the right appearance. :)

15. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I am looking into making that a possibility, but I'm holding off on active development until 1.0 drops. I DO think it's possible though because the 'Second-U' mod spawns npcs with specific properties, so I just need to reverse engineer it :D

The Squid and TheFloranChef like this.
  16. Ellary

Ellary Pangalactic Porcupine

OoO I hope this will be updated for 1.0 hitting on the 22nd!

TheFloranChef likes this.
  17. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

All of us do. =)

TheFloranChef likes this.
  18. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Most definitely! I think there's only a couple of things that need changing. It shouldn't take long (knock on wood)

The Squid, TheFloranChef and Ellary like this.
  19. oO_Arti_Oo

oO_Arti_Oo Master Chief

All I want to know is to how to spawn a friend. Like, I have the required items.. but the menu won't pop up for me to change it, let alone show the npc.. It makes this Artie quite sad...

20. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Can you post the contents of your starbound.log file? That will help me to see what the problem is.