1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Create-A-Friend v2.3 for SB v1.0

Create and equip custom NPCs!

1. oO_Arti_Oo

oO_Arti_Oo Master Chief

Honestly, I'm not that great at finding things <.> I'm a little slow, so. Can you just give me a bit to actually find it. I will find it, just be a bit. Sorry. I don't mean to be a pain in the tailfin. <3 Artie

ALSO: Kinda playing on the unstable version. Would that have anything to do with it?

In the unstable version I have like Five file logs... @. @ I don't know why.. >.<

2. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Ah, yes. That would be the problem. The current version only works with stable right now. As far as I can tell though, there are only a few lines of Lua that need to be changed and if all goes well, I'll have it up and running after 1.0 drops on Friday :)

TheFloranChef likes this.
  3. oO_Arti_Oo

oO_Arti_Oo Master Chief

Ah! ok! Thank you so much for your help~. I look forward to being able to use it. <3 thanks again! :nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt:

4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

OHMYGOD!!! They are putting a Steam Workshop support into the game!

5. oO_Arti_Oo

oO_Arti_Oo Master Chief

They are!! Kool!!! I'm excited now oOo Best day evvvver!!! Well Kinda xD :nuruconfused:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

7. NeoSanguine

NeoSanguine Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait to play with this in 1.0!

8. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I SHOULD be able to get it updated by today... as soon as I get off work :p

Thanks for the pokemon cheerleaders! They are helpful :D

9. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Peelz updated Create-A-Friend with a new update entry:

Updated for 1.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. NeoSanguine

Awesome! Just out of curiosity, are the guards supposed to be able to teleport with the player after leaving the ship?

11. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Not that I know of. Do they?

<edit> no, they don't currently, but a planned future update is to give the guard crewmember functionality, so they will act just like one of your crew

12. NeoSanguine

Ah no, I was just wondering, that's great news though.

13. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Peelz updated Create-A-Friend with a new update entry:

Hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Hamrick

Hamrick Aquatic Astronaut

When I use it, the GUI where you equip them appears, but nothing ever happens. What am I doing wrong?

15. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Can you post the contents of your starbound.log file? You can find it in the storage folder.

16. Hamrick

Here it is

http://pastebin.com/m00mArNU

17. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Are you sure you are using the most recent version? The error in your log looks like you might be using the pre-1.0 version. The zip file you download should be named customNPCv2.2.zip

18. Hamrick

For whatever reason, I re-downloaded the file, and now everything works just fine. How do you create multiple friends from the same spawner? Thanks for your work!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  19. Arira

Arira Void-Bound Voyager

Server host console says that it recognized mod and loading good, but employers station is not appearing in Tier 3 Investor table.
    Tried everything like downloading site&steam version, used the folder as mod, packed after by myself and tried using it.

UPD Edited CAFspawnerBase.recipe for crafting in "groups plain" and changed steel on silver, cuz seems devs deleted steel bars.
    Now it works good, but i cant understand what is "spawnerstation.recipe" about...

If you do a social slots for companion this gonna be my favorite mod. :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  20. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

You can only spawn one friend per soawner. An you're welcome :)
    --- Post updated ---
    They removed steel? Dang. Thanks for the heads-up! I'll get that (and the other stuff) fixed soon.