Modding Help Crew Console

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Hikitoki, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Hikitoki

Hikitoki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello there!

Today I decided to start a mod but I'm not far to be lost in all my ideas so if I could get some help {or a little team to get it out faster} and tips from some of you I'll really appreciate it. Note : I haven't read the new eBook about modding and it's been awhile that I haven't done any mods by myself, even if they were little mods.

So, let's get started :

[​IMG] The Crew Console! {Name also WIP}

This little thing will be able to :
    - Manage the outfit of each Crew Members individually and equip them,
    - "Research" new Crew Members by spending money {You actually create them from A to Z, but it's for the RP}.

But... where to get it/find it? The answer is simple : It'll be at the Outpost from the start of the game, in a new room, but it'll be broken. After the Hylotl missions, a note, on a table near the Crew Console will give you a mission. In fact, the mission is from "The Crew Master", a new npc that will introduce to you the mechanic of crew, that you'll meet after finishing this mission. After he has finished, the Crew Console will be repaired and functionnal.

How it will be supposed to work? Interacting with it will open a window, similar to S.A.I.L's interface but with other options : "Manage crew members" and "Research a new crew member". Choosing the first will show your Crew Members that you have and if you click on them, it will open an interface similar to your armor inventory part but it will be his/her armor.

The "Research a new crew member" will open a new window, similar to the character creation one and close the other. You can customize your crew member here, and depending what role you give him/her, the price will change {I'm thinking about starting it at 7 500 pixels, to balance it with fake ship licenses}

But, with all that, where am I on this mod? I've started today, I am a bit lazy... Almost 0,5%, should I say? It's a random number. I've only done a few sprites and looked at the files that I'll need. If you already have a team or if you like to mod on your own and lonely, I can give you what I've already done to finish it, and if you want to help me, let me know here or by mp. If it isn't the right place to post it, please let me know and move it, thanks.