Custom Map Disable turn phase help

Discussion in 'Custom Content' started by hobomixmedia, Mar 25, 2019.

1. hobomixmedia

hobomixmedia Space Hobo

So I'm creating a custom map with a variety of events happening throughout the battle that involves 2 players and 3 AI's that arrive on certain turns. To start off, Player 1 and player 2(Human players) will already be on the map at the start of the battle. Player 3,4, & 5(AI) will eventually appear on certain turns(25,45, 70 respectively) along with their troops at certain parts of the map designated. As the game cycles through the player turns, it will cycle through player 3, 4, and 5's turn prior to them appearing. is there a way to disable this? So that it only cycle's through the players that are actively on the map until they appear on their respective turn? It saves on time as well as makes it a surprise for when they do show up.

TL; DR can you disable player phases so they don't appear during the turn selection until they actually show up on the map?

• Hezablak

Hezablak Tentacle Wrangler

I would need more info to help you with this. Right now with the game's mechanics, I don't see doing much because spawning a non existent player just eliminates the units on spawn.

Is it suppose to be a surprise element? Does it annoy you to have them pass each turn immediately?

The only idea I'm tinkering with atm involves a third ai team spawned at the beginning, but it still is sketchy.

• Hezablak

Hezablak Tentacle Wrangler

After a lot of testing, the only way to have a player not have a turn is to have that player be nonactive(Defeated). Once a player is defeated, they cannot spawn new units. New units will just die on spawn. Unless this is a campaign map I do not see how to get a new team to spawn with no turn.

On the other hand, in campaign you can have player 3 control player 4. Then at some point in a future turn you can have player 4 become their own team. I haven't fully tested this, but I'm sure this is not what you are looking for in your current map.

• genowhirl9999

genowhirl9999 Space Spelunker

I encountered a similar issue. I want to have a bandit ambush but even though they have no units and no buildings (thus can't do anything) they still get a turn indicator spoiling the ambush. Does anyone have any ideas for a work-around to this issue? Honestly, it's so dumb I want to report it as a bug, a player with no ability to do anything shouldn't get a turn.