RELEASED Customize Exterior 1.0.7

This mod lets you customize the exterior of your buildings individually.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

2. faythkittie

faythkittie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Help, I broke something! I didn't mean to ;;

It's totally my fault, because I was using this mod fine, but then I didn't like how I had all the folders in the "Buildings" folder named and organised, so I redid everything, only when I loaded the game up for the first time after, all my buildings have reverted to "vanilla" (not really vanilla, but the overriden xnb files I have in the "Content" folder) and now when I double right click on buildings nothing pops up (and I'm double clicking on solid parts, it's the same parts I was clicking before I was dumb and everything worked), and SMAPI has gone crazy, I guess because it can't find the original file paths. How does my dumb self fix this?

Here's the error log just in case it helps any.

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

@spacechase0 I wrote this Entoarox in his SeasonalImmersion Thread. But it seems a thing you need to work at. Can you fix this?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
      • Alvadea

Hey there, I'm still searching for an option to make the Crafteable.xnb seasonal. With "Customize Exterior" installed I can't use "Seasonal Immersion". Any perspectives here?

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Easiest way would be to create a Content Patcher pack for yourself since it supports seasonal varients. That's what I did for mine.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Will you please share it.

• sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any plans to update this?

• snafukaboom

snafukaboom Space Spelunker

My SMAPI says this mod is incompatible? And that I need to look for a new version (preferably not from Nexus as I don't have an account). Any suggestions?

• spacechase0

• subjectivesenescence

subjectivesenescence Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Sorry to bother, but Smapi's telling me that Customize Exterior is incompatible still, despite updating to the latest version of the mod. I'm using 1.3.28 and Smapi 2.7, is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you for your time!

• spacechase0

• spacechase0

• I cant get this to work, I dont know if its me or what, but smapi loads the mod fine and even acknowledges that im trying to select the farmhouse to change textures, but nothing shows up. I have all the retextures in the buildings folder and smapi loads them up fine so im not sure whats causing this?

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, what do you do if your building textures are Content Patcher mods? Do you put the PNGs straight in their subfolder, eg, Customize Exterior/Buildings/Elle's Buildings/[many PNGs]?

• spacechase0

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

bug report: changing the resolution or window size while outside on the farm turns your buildings invisible until you exit and reenter the 'farm, outdoors' map

• Quil888ora

Quil888ora Aquatic Astronaut

bug report: the second silo, second junimo hut can't be retexture

• spacechase0

• Spectacles

Spectacles Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I had a question about using this with the Community Farm map. It looks like I can edit the textures of buildings added to the farm like silo, coop etc., but clicking the farmhouse itself doesn't bring up the menu, probably because it's not in the same place as the farmhouse on default maps. I have a suspicion I'd need to edit something in the "building-exteriors.json" file, but I'm not sure. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

• Alvadea

Don't now if you read the bug reports on Nexus, so I write here as well:
                              Changing the same typ of buildings seems to be buggy. I have build two silos. At the first silo CustomizeExterior is working great. Now if I try to change the second one, nothing happens with this (it stays Vanilla like), but the first silo change instead again. I see, there are more people writing about the same bug. :/