1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Cutting down mushroom trees no longer gives mushrooms

Discussion in 'Support' started by ManaUser, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

You still get a mushroom if you remove the stump, but not from the main part of the tree it seems.

Possibly related: Palm trees now drop "weeds" when you cut them down. This doesn't make very much sense either, so I wonder if some kind of logic error could be causing both of these effects.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, very odd. I'm getting 5 mushrooms when cutting down a full-grown mushroom tree; plus another 1 for the stump. And, Palm Trees are dropping Sap and Wood for me.
      But, I'm playing on the Linux version, BuildID- 2978836

Tested on this old save I created: https://community.playstarbound.com...shroom-trees-for-testing.131462/#post-3135211
      And, a personal, un-edited save. Both saves were created in v1.2 of the game.
      But, I also did a quick test in a v1.3 created save; letting the game naturally generate a mushroom tree & that also seems to work fine as well.

Are you running any mods? You could try verifying your files, and see if that helps. Along with testing the save I linked above.
      Instructions for verifying files:
      Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
      Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
      After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
      Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".