RELEASED Dae's Character Redesigns (Jodi, Vincent, Kent, Jas, Marnie)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by daeranilen, Dec 3, 2016.

1. hopefulfox

hopefulfox Void-Bound Voyager

Ugh, well real life kinda slapped me in the face Wednesday, so I wasn't able to get on my computer until just now :cry:

BUT here it is! It should work just fine in game, I made sure to repair all the corruption that happens when you extract Cursors.xnb post 1.1, but let me know if something doesn't work right.

Marigolden, faeamie and IronZelly like this.
    • Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

XNB Node v0.2.2 doesn't cause any Cursors.xnb corruption in my experience. Just a heads-up. :)

hopefulfox and IronZelly like this.
      • MasterYoba

MasterYoba Void-Bound Voyager

So I love grey haired Marine, and brunette Vincent. However after placing those two in my game, it wouldn't start. I took their portraits and sprites back out and replaced them with the original files. Now when I try to launch the game, I get a fatal error, that even reinstalling doesn't seem to be helping. Should I send you the error message? I cannot be sure it was your files that did it, but it was working fine until I put it in so I must consider the possibility. Thanks.

Edit: I am very happy to report that it wasn't your mods, but another issue that just happened to occur at the exact same time. Game is working now, and your mods look lovely. Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
        • Gamarleton

Gamarleton Void-Bound Voyager

love these! i hope you can make them work for 1.2 because at the moment they don't work :(

• mehve

mehve Master Chief

Just wanted to drop a note saying I absolutely adore your Marnie and Jas redesigns. Your grey-haired version of Marnie is probably my favorite portrait/sprite mod that I've used so far and it's going to be a permanent staple of my game from now on. I think you were spot-on in your blog discussion, your version makes her look much more like the middle-aged farmers I've known in real life.

HopeWasHere likes this.
            • Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

@hopefulfox Perhaps I haven't got my brain in gear, but.. in which place do I need the dancing sprite? I don't find the original file for that.

• CarletonColton

CarletonColton Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought I'd drop in and thank you for your Marnie redesign in particular, too. I just can't get over how perfectly it suits her character - I read over your blog post about your headcanons for her and the concepts behind your approach to her design and was mentally waving little flags with your URL on them the whole time, haha. And this is probably an unintended bonus, but her grey hair makes her romance with Lewis feel much more age-appropriate (and therefore plausible, in my opinion), too.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                • The_Glimmerling

The_Glimmerling Void-Bound Voyager

These are honestly some of my favorite character redesigns ever.

• faeamie

faeamie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your Marine redesign is stunning! I love how she actually looks more old and her outfit is so cute! All your redesigns are lovely, thank you for these mods.

• nekoCrimson

nekoCrimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love love love your Marnie redesign! She actually looks like a person now, it's great.

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

faeamie and HopeWasHere like this.
                      • Overdreams

Overdreams Big Damn Hero

The game is literally unplayable without those portraits anymore. I had to reinstall my game and when I saw the old Marnie I was like "WHO IS THIS?". Thanks for this amazing work!

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

• krizpp

krizpp Void-Bound Voyager

omg yes!! when i'm done with some other stuff i'd love to make seasonal clothing edits of your marnie. would you mind?

whatever.it.is likes this.
                          • amillionand1fandoms

amillionand1fandoms Void-Bound Voyager

I love this so much, especially Marnie. It's really nice to see her, Jodi, and Kent actually look the age I imagine them to be. I probably should have asked beforehand (as I see krizpp did) but I was really excited and forgot and I've already halfway finished making a seasonal version of Marnie. I also would like to do season versions of Kent and maybe Jodi and Vincent, too. If I don't hear back from you I'll just use them personally, but I was hoping you'd be alright with me submitting it to the Seasonal Outfits mod or otherwise making it available to people. I'd credit and link back to you, of course. Thank you so much for these wonderful edits, I hope you have a great day!

whatever.it.is likes this.