1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Challenges

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DNLK, Jul 28, 2013.

1. DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you already heard about Spelunky HD daily challenges announcement? I think this is what Risk of Rain could be using in future. That's it: each day game generates bunch of levels which are the same for everyone. Game gives all players the same items on the start and they have only one try in day to make it. Then players can compete each other on daily leaderboards. What you people think about it?

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if I'd like that in Risk of Rain to be honest. The thing is with RoR runs that they can last to up to something nuts like 400 minutes if you're good at the game. I don't see that kind of thing working out in competitive daily leaderboards.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I sure some day there'll be ending and then it'll be more reasonable mode.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The thing about Spelunky is that it's full of 'Yet Another Stupid Death', so to say. One life/run has much less value than in Risk of Rain, where it is normal for a game to last for 90 minutes.

This makes it possible and reasonable to demand 10-30 minutes of a spelunker's time daily to participate in a global event. 30-180 of Risk of Rain? Not so much.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Do people keep forgetting that RoR is eventually going to have an ending and isn't necessarily going to be lasting as long as people are attributing to the incomplete and infinitely-looping beta?

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

This is true, but of course we also need to keep in mind that this means we don't yet know how long the game will be just yet, so there's no definitive decision possible yet to add or reject it, as far as the community's opinion goes. The devs, however, can of course give a realistic idea of this.