1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Daimera - Breaking in the RoR Fan Art Forum!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Daimera, May 5, 2013.

1. Archalieus

Archalieus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It gives a group(?) quote every time, "...and so they left, sound still ringing in deaf ears."

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Huh. That's odd. I thought that was a Multiplayer quote, but I guess it's Sniper, huh? I wonder, does it imply a non-gender, or is the Sniper's drone included?

...That just gave me the mental image of a tragic history, the Sniper having had a very close, best friend who was also his/her spotter, who died in the line of duty, and who was implanted into the drone either physically (like a brain transfer) or simply as a specialized AI programmed to perfectly emulate the Sniper's old friend.

The stories they could all tell...

MordredN and Archalieus like this.
      • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

For a second there I thought you were referencing Adam Malkovitch and Samus.

@v Fusion rocked the house. Excellent game.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
          Wasd_wasd and MordredN like this.
        • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I never played MoM; its bad reputation precedes it. However, I did play Fusion, and I will admit that was my favorite of the games and I'm honestly appalled at how badly MoM ruined the interaction between Adam and Samus. It had so much promise. I would be lying if I said that wasn't part of the inspiration for the second thought.

The other is I actually have some MMX RP characters (predating me actually playing any Metroid at all) who are Reploids who were programmed after real people who died, usually ordered by mourning parties who lost loved ones to accidents or illness. One of those personality/AI chips accidentally got put in the wrong chip shipment and got implanted into a Radar Killer, so the idea of an AI programmed after a human but put into an entirely non-human frame isn't entirely alien to my odd character-building thought processes. c.c

Wasd_wasd likes this.
          • Stormquake

Stormquake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Sniper is a male.
            It would be a Snipress if it was a female. (true facts though)

EDIT: Or at least, so I assume, as hunter is an androgynous term, but they specifically called the female hunter a huntress. With that attention to the title, the Sniper would probably be called Snipress if it was a she.

• IcySoul777

IcySoul777 Tentacle Wrangler

I actually registered because I found this forum over Google when looking for fanart. I figure I'd contribute the best thing I could. I used your concept work to help, so thank you for giving us a better perspective of the characters.

Would I be able to post your artwork on another Minecraft site, so they could see what I based my skins off of?

If so, what should I credit you as?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
                Burby and meow247 like this.
              • ~betawho

~betawho Tentacle Wrangler

Love your figure drawing for the character sketches, Daimera.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Sometimes I remember I have a bookmark to Goggles.
                  [​IMG]
                  Sorry about inactivity, I've been hella distracted by Terraria and Starbound.

Brassqund, Rawrquaza and meow247 like this.
                  • Nai

Nai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The 'they' refers to the Sniper and the recon bot, I think.

Loving the art in here. 40 hours of the game and, basically, this is what I see now.

• joedanger

joedanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AWSOME good job

• Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That is scary.
                        But good job, not bad at all. :up:

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Very cute, though if I must say this (as I've noticed it's a bit of a trend), I'd really rather people opened their own threads for their own art instead of posting their works into mine. It just seems very awkward to have a bunch of other people's stuff in my thread, even if I haven't really felt motivated enough to populate it myself lately...

• Dolphinflavored

Dolphinflavored Star Wrangler

Whoops! Sorry!
                            wow I feel stupid. wont do it again!

• offline410

offline410 Orbital Explorer

I really love your sketches, they look really awesome!! :)

• MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

"Lazy Sketches"
                                > Looks better than anything I have ever drawn in my entire life.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Different people progress at different rates. Don't compare your work to the work of others, because art doesn't happen by wishful thinking alone. It involves just doing it, making mistakes, learning from them, and drawing more anyway. The momentum will carry you farther than posts like that will.

Those pictures are lazy for me because I have like 16+ years of hard work backing the quality of any of my art. Compare those pictures to other pictures I've drawn here, such as the wallpapers. They definitely took a lot less time; I think I finished all the class sketches in a few hours total, wheras the golem wallpaper took like 8 hours and the magma worm one took maybe 12 or more spread over several days. I'm not saying they're lazy to be demotivating, NOR to brag, I'm simply stating that they're lazy relative to my other work.

• Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

Well then again in the end it says he just wants to be left alone so i doubt he'd just go ahead and murderize everyone in the hold

• Raptoral ze great guy

Holy crap, you must send me this image!

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Not reading dates on posts seems to be a trend on forums, especially Terraria's but apparently here as well.

That post was made during the beta when Acrid was first released; the final stage and endings had not been implemented yet. Thus there was even less context for the characters than there is now, and that's saying a lot.

• Raptoral ze great guy

Just in case you still thought that, i read the date.