RELEASED Dandy Hairstyle Edit

Discussion in 'Player' started by Orlesiandandy, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Orlesiandandy

Orlesiandandy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Edits this hairstyle:

[​IMG]

To look like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get it here! (alt nexus download, pics are updated there) (version 1.2, removed a stray pixel from the back mesh, and the long line on the side view) Backup your original hairstyles.xnb in steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Farmer or wherever you have Stardew Valley installed, and then copy mine over & replace it.

It's a very simple edit by putting in aspects of different hairstyles, such as one of the ponytail styles. I haven't done pixel stuff in a long time, so let me know if you think something looks weird/wrong and I'll go back in.

Hats may look a bit odd from the side, but I didn't really notice.

If you have any ideas for any more hairstyle edits, let me know, but I make no promises I'll actually do it!

Hope I did this right!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Septcore

Septcore Space Hobo

Hey, this is some nice work. I was just wondering would it be possible to copy the hair style off an NPC and use it for the player?

• Orlesiandandy

Thanks! It's probably possible, but since the player hairstyles are in greyscale (to allow tinting) and NPC hairstyles are in color, it'd be more difficult for me personally to rip them off the sprites and put them over & replace an existing one, especially since the sizing may be totally different from image to image. Also, the player hairstyles are floating images whereas the NPC hairstyles are on their sprite. I haven't checked though, but that's what I imagine to be the case.

• Septcore

Septcore Space Hobo

Damn, that sounds like it would be way more work than it's worth. Thanks for the info though, keep up the great work. :party:

• Orlesiandandy

No prob, thank you for the encouragement :cool:

• Orlesiandandy

Hey, don't know if you noticed yet but it seems someone did what you were asking for!