Dark Matter creatures/planet

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Elvin, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Elvin

Elvin Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the idea of a planet engulfed in darkness that has dark matter creatures roaming around they could form out of the shadows even from under your character at a rare chance, they could form under your character and pull him/her underground so that he/she ends up in a cave ,
    i have countless more ideas around this topic hopefully ill get to at least see one in the finished game.

2. NamAdNats

NamAdNats Master Chief

It's a good idea, maybe the player might need to make a flashlight or mining helmet to see in the dark

3. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Considering FoV and Lightning is implemented, these creatures could "feed" or even "flee" from the light.
    Add gigantic ghost like creatures that crawl on caves and eat light and if killed or fed to a point it explode he releases all he consumed so far, lighting the place up for hours even.
    The planet itself coukld apply a passive buff that all light sources are 30% less efficient and FoV is also reduced.

4. Elvin

Elvin Void-Bound Voyager

Yes that is a great idea perhaps that could be the way that the boss monster of that planet is summoned

5. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Interesting. Elaborate.

6. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like to think a high concentration of light or a high intensity lightsource could awaken a great beast of darkness.
    And I cant help to imagine this great beast being darkness itself; the whole world start to devour it's surroundings and you now find yourself in almost complete darkness, all light sources reduced to 10% potency and if you stay in the total darkness for too long you might have your health slowly drained, creatures become vicious beyond normal, spawn pretty much anywhere and you have to endure waves of these nightmares to "beat the boss"
    Once beaten the world is "purified", or even better!: the player can choose to instead keep the darkness in, making it stronger (monsters are way stronger, slightly higher spawn rate, on "boss battle", more waves with more enemies) but also increasing it's loot.

7. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

how would we see on this planet?

8. Elvin

Elvin Void-Bound Voyager

You would possibly require armor or a light source crafted from a solar core that would enable you to survive and somewhat see in the darkness, a solar core could be pretty much a small ball with the power of the sun.