Darkbound: Legacy of the Lucent Update Part 2!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Ghostar, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Muffo99

Muffo99 Starship Captain

I sad. The development of this game is going to take a year or two to be complete so this mod could take a year or so after that :p

2. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

my talking.....
    *nods*

3. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

The problem is though that the game is meant to be for all ages......

4. Xentor Antarix

Hmmmm write a "warning2 in the mod
    You know age rating.

5. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Wait what? I was planning on just reading the OP and moving on, but I really need to ask you. What? What do you mean? I see no content in this entire concept that would be for mature audiences only. Please elaborate.

BlueSmoke and Crystan like this.
  6. Xentor Antarix

I guess you can wait long till this game is real real finished (sorry).
    (At the actual (important stuff) updatespeed.
    I mean we are not even in Beta Phase 2

7. Muffo99

Muffo99 Starship Captain

I don't really see any problem with this either. I mean this game is meant to be for all ages and this mod doesn't really change that to me. If you were so young that this content is too mature for you then you wouldn't be downloading mods. It effectively adds zombies (diseased zombies like in the last of us) to the game, but without the bloody violence there is nothing wrong with zombies. You may think a mass epidemic adds fear of disease and horrible symptoms to the game which kids shouldn't know about but this doesn't edit the age rating as blood, sex, drugs nor language are added. It may add fear maybe pumping the game up to a 7 from a 3 if the mod was downloaded by the user but a 3 year old probably wouldn't grasp the concept of the game.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Well, of course the mod is darker and more mature than the vanilla game. There will be probably more blood/gore - if its going to support the atmosphere. Also i wouldn't say SB is meant for all ages - the creative mode is nice for young children - yes - but a 6 year old is still too young for the actual game.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. ne3zy

ne3zy Zero Gravity Genie

this is a mod not a suggestion, there are some good ideas but adding everything in the vanilla game would be weird, I prefer not

10. Treadlight

I would like to add that even so, age-based rating systems are fundamentally flawed since growth of maturity and intelligence happens at different rates in different points of their lives for everyone. Some people can't handle too much blood in a game even past their 20s, while others are well able to process the sight of tons of it at a young age.

Dargona1018 and Axe Garian like this.
  11. Xentor Antarix

It is not that this game is real a gore game... or htat you can make this tiny pixel grafic real gory.
    Sorry.
    This is cartoon grafics, not Unreal 3 Ultra Engene grafic.

12. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

Well, I started a mass conversation...:lod::facepalm:

Whoops

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  13. Treadlight

Don't think bad of it! I wouldn't have ever posted in this thread otherwise, thanks!

14. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Just gonna say something, and leave. The stuff by Rambunctious Flan (the one who composed the music for Darkbound) is pretty great.
    I don't know if that is Ghostar herself or someone else, but I would like to say that I now have another good song to randomly listen to (Joy Through Procrastination).

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Xentor Antarix

I think all this stuff is real great.
    To bad we will never see it or can use it.
    Because I doub that we will see in nameable time a completion of starbound. Due CF is now more distracted with other things like this Pirate Game, or what ever.

16. beari78

beari78 Guest

Is this gonna be a mod? :O

17. Muffo99

Muffo99 Starship Captain

Yes, this is going to be a mod which won't come out till starbound game development has finished because the mod developers are learning the coding & language it is programmed in :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. beari78

beari78 Guest

Can we become a Darkbound or a Lucent and do their storyline? And what does it mean if you're using a modded race?

19. Xentor Antarix

Yea a mod that comes out in 1 or 2 years *grmls*.

20. The Darkbound team is on hiatus at the moment, due to other matters and the fact that we can't really do much with this mod considering Starbound's engine is limited at the moment. And saying that the "pirate" game is going to distract CF as a whole is ignorant. A completely different team is working on the game. The ones working on SB aren't affected at all by this.