REQUEST Data Logging/Statistics While Playing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by akmar, Oct 12, 2016.

1. akmar

akmar Orbital Explorer

Hi,

First post! It's nice to meet you all :) Discovering this site got me really excited to see all the amazing work and creativity people have graciously shared. Thank you so much!! But, while browsing the threads, I was unable to find what I was looking for.

I'm interested in creating and visualizing Stardew Valley gameplay data such as cumulative profit each day, energy used, steps taken, damage dealt, fish caught, etc. To that end, my best guess is that I want a process to run in the background, while the game is running, that keeps track of all the desired data (revenue, energy depleted, step count, ...) and dumps it to a text file at the end of each day when the game saves.

I'm a big data geek, so things like Stardew Valley look like a wealth of beautiful data to me. However, other gamers might also find a mod like this very interesting and useful for testing min/maxing strategies and seeing some neat charts from plotting the data in excel.

I have experience with R and Python, but not much with C#, so if anyone could help me build this, or give me some tips for getting started, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!