Suggestion Day-to-Day Powers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LfitLoyal, Feb 4, 2019.

1. LfitLoyal

LfitLoyal Space Hobo

Y'know what's missing from Wargroove that feels very out of place given its inspiration? Day-to-day powers. Those passive effects constantly modifying your army's abilities and determining where their strengths and weaknesses lie, giving every CO a unique playstyle despite the fact that they all have access to the same basic units. It feels a little strange that, of all things, this is what got left behind from Advance Wars. I do think it'd add an enormous amount of depth to how you choose your commanders and how you form your strategy, even if it would be challenging to balance. Worth it though.

Let's say you're playing Valder. Well, he's a necromancer and he summons skeletons, so maybe his are a little beefier, and any skeletal Footsoldiers (Sword/Spear/Mage/Archer) have +10% defense at all times. Valder's strategy now leans more toward "horde" tactics because his fodder units are now a bit bulkier and can trade better as a result. Sedge is a vicious assassin who stalks his prey, so any direct combat land units do increased damage when they're attacking from a Forest tile. Now Sedge has a strong motivation to control where the enemy is moving so that he can exploit the terrain to its greatest effect. Stuff like that.

But of course we can also take this one step further. We have Commanders now. We can have a d2d power that affects the CO's army... but we can also have a d2d power that affects the Commander specifically. Granted, Commanders are already the most powerful units, so these effects should be either fairly minor or pretty situational. Ragna's got a shield, so lets have it so she takes reduced damage from indirect fire. Or, going back to Valder - Anytime his Groove meter hits 100%, he uses the dark powers of the Fel Gauntlet to heal 1HP for himself.

allenhill2002 likes this.
    • allenhill2002

allenhill2002 Orbital Explorer

I really want these implemented. I don't like how the only difference when placing is your commander.