WIP Delivery Service

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by AxesOfEvil, Jan 5, 2020.

1. AxesOfEvil

AxesOfEvil Aquatic Astronaut

I was looking for a mod that could go along with Automate that would move items between areas. I couldn't find anything in smapi.io or Nexus, so I thought I'd take a crack at implementing it myself.

The idea is that you use Automate to fill a chest in a location, and then place a sign next to it.
    You then create a chest at the destination and place a sign next to that chest.
    Each night, all items in the source chest will be moved to the destination chest.

A source/destination pair must have a specific set of images on the signs.
    Multiple source/destination images pairs are supported (defined in the config.json)

Only chests in the immediately surrounding 8 tiles of the sign are examined for a chest. The source and destination chests must match in color.

I think this provides sufficient flexibility to control how items move between chests.

The default is that the source-sign must have an Auto-Grabber image and the destination-sign must have a 'Hero Trophy' image. I figured this would provide a sufficiently challenging set of requirements to be on par with Junimo huts/Auto-grabbers (but of course any pairs can be defined in the config file)

Lore wise, my thought was that the farmer is 'hiring' Junimos to go our at night and move their stuff around. I am planning to use the MailFrameworkMod to add this flavor.

Before going much further, I thought I'd ask if anyone had any better ideas about how chests are flagged as source/destination. The sign system seems a little clunky to me.

Also, while it's been a good learning experience if there is already a mod that implements similar functionality, please let me know.

Github repo: https://github.com/AxesOfEvil/SV_DeliveryService

Version 0.8.0 was configured for debug. Here is 0.8.1 that should actually work

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2020
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

I LOVE this idea! Instead of signs, could you possibly make a new chest (like how Mega Storage adds larger chests) with the functionality to have the items moved? It could have a cute little junimo sitting on top to go with the lore :D and the source/destination could be determined by the color of the junimo on top?
      (I don't know squat didly about making these kinda mods so I apologize if not possible or if its too ambitious/different from your current work, I just wanted to hopefully put in some ideas xD!)

• AxesOfEvil

AxesOfEvil Aquatic Astronaut

I ended up with a completely different interface that is a lot more flexible.
        Now each chest has a menu the defines what types of items will be picked up from it and which will be deposited into it. No more use of signs to designate the chests.
        By default the mod is only enabled after getting access to Junimo Huts, but that is configurable in the config.json.
        The 1st release of the mod is now on Nexus:
        https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5187/

ChestMenu.png DeliveryOptions.png

HopeWasHere likes this.