OOC DEPTHS [APPS WANTED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Opinion

1. Delicous! (Very positive)

45.2%
  2. Appealing. (Positive)

41.9%
  3. Not worth a fuss... (Neutral)

6.5%
  4. Appalling. (Negative)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disgusting! (Very negative)

6.5%
  1. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Boy, is that
    O V E R K I L L

But I dunno, I'll let the GM's decide.

themushroomlord and HunterC1998 like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

There are a few errors I will fix for traits. Bionics can be lumped together as one, but will come with the downside that she has a much higher metabolism, burns off calories very quickly, and requires above average food intake. She is also now very heavy, which is something to be considered as negative. Also, the way PTSD works (at least from personal experience) is that events that can be associated with the initial trauma can trigger a mental breakdown of varying degrees. And for suppressed anger and hothead, I will classify that as "On Edge". That brings you to 4 positive traits, and 5 negative traits. You need a total of 8 negative traits. Though at this point, they can be (slightly) more minor things ranging from things that make her very uncomfortable (such as Avians), not skilled with certain other things, or some other things you can come up with.
    ((And with that, goodnight...))

3. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Ok, editing now.

Snow_Blaze and HunterC1998 like this.
  4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

There's no actual RNG, so I'll just take the percentages as "not quite so good at these things" and "they suffer horrid night terrors, which may unnerve others at night"
    Accepted. I will fix the smaller details when I add it to the OP.

5. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

So, if I am to re-use Artyom, where would he have ended up after the Terror incident? Would he still have some, special abilities? Or would those be gone now, since Death is gone as well? Also, how lovecraftian is this gonna be?

6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

My, there's been quite the glut of human female characters; eh, spent too much time working on this one to back out now.

Name: Mia ‘Rook’ Sullivan

Race: Human Cyborg

Physical appearance: In a word, blue. Of average build, standing at around 5’9”; Mia has dark hair, cut in a ‘bob’ with a slightly longer tail running about shoulder length. Her prosthetic arms are finished with a dark blue colour, and the irises of her eyes sharing a similar shade of blue. She wears a jacket and trousers leaving only her head uncovered, as she also wears protective gloves and heavy boots.

Personality: Mildly eccentric; after all, she is passionate about technology, taking things a step further than most would be willing to.

Traits:

Positive
    -Cybernetic Enhancements: Both of her arms and her eyes have been replaced with cybernetic prosthetics. As a result, her arms are physically stronger than flesh and blood ones, and her eyes provide improved low light vision and a retinal display for augmented reality. Finally she has a computer implant and direct neural interface (DNI) jack.
    -Technician: Living most of her life with cybernetics and onboard ships has led to her learning a few things about machinery. She can handle maintenance and repairs; assuming the technology is familiar, of course.

Neutral
    -Prosthophile: She is a bit of a transhumanist, and firmly believes she’s ‘improving’ herself with cybernetics.

Negative
    -Big Eater: Her prosthetics are powered biochemically, requiring her to have a higher caloric intake.
    -Insomnia: She couldn’t tell you the last time she had a decent night’s sleep. This might lead to her being fairly accident prone.
    -Vulnerable Cybernetics: Her prosthetics are poorly shielded, leaving her susceptible to EMP weapons, electrical surges, etc. Also, should they be damaged, she cannot simply ‘heal’ those wounds, and must seek repairs.

Equipment and inventory:
    Jacket and Trousers- With plenty of pockets for ‘stuff’. mainly snacks.
    Insulated gloves- for electrician and welding use.
    Welding googles
    Steel toed boots
    Compact plasma torch- Used for both cutting and welding.
    Multi-tool- for rudimentary maintenance and repairs; she’ll need a dedicated tool-kit for anything fancy.
    2 Power cells- for the plasma torch
    Semi-automatic Pistol
    Spare pistol magazine
    Rucksack
    As much food as she can reasonably carry

History:
    Mia was a fairly normal individual, but an accident when she was young destroyed both her arms. Thankfully, she could receive cybernetic prosthetics to replace them, allowing her to resume some semblance of a normal life. Before long, she learned to appreciate the improved capabilities such ‘enhancements’ provided her, and became more than willing to install more prosthetics should she suffer any other severe injuries.

During her adult life, she signed up to work onboard a transport ship, specifically as a technician. Hardly a glamorous line of work, tightening bolts and checking airtight doors, among other things. However, after a few years of dedicated service, she suffered another major injury that blinded her.

She resigned from that job, using the money she had earned to buy herself a new set of eyes. After she had finished recovering, she needed new work, seeing this little archaeological expedition as just another job.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  7. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Oh, I can change that (and will!).

8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Uh, thanks?

9. Plumbcat

Plumbcat Guest

Well I'm only half human so... I'm safe?

10. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Nah, you're only half-safe.

11. Plumbcat

Plumbcat Guest

.......... 0_0"

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Yeah, might want to get a life insurance policy, and write a will.

13. Plumbcat

Plumbcat Guest

No one will insure a Floran, no matter what the percentage. But I gots no family, fuk it. I live dangerously.

14. Omicron445

If I'm going to be honest, I went for humans because I though people were going to be Novakids, Avians or anything else to claim race benefits, like Mirra being an awesome monster child. I guess my best hope now is other people joining and evening the odds, but I'm not sure.

15. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I was going to go with an augmented human female, but she's probably not going to work and there are too many similar to her. Shame that I have to abandon her after so much work. Back to the drawing board with me...

HunterC1998 likes this.
  16. Omicron445

Can I throw in some suggestions if you want an augmented race? Maybe a Glitch shell that's been infected by a parasite?

17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

With all the human characters, you can almost guarantee some will be 'changed' before too long.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'm noy sure I want an augmented char anymore. I thought it fitting to have one augmented person but now there are a lot more. Humans and Floran are my favourite Starbound races. I don't personally really like the others.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  19. Omicron445

Hmm, well Floran isn't quite overdone yet, so you could do that. Just... Maybe not female... We need some gender diversity around here.

20. SneakyBox

SneakyBox Pangalactic Porcupine

I was planning for a Novakid bandito, if ya know that's cool with ya'll

HunterC1998 and Omicron445 like this.