1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Detailed Species 2.4

Slight body and head edits to add more detail.

1. Motionless

Motionless Pangalactic Porcupine

Motionless submitted a new mod:

Detailed Species - Slight body and head edits to add more detail.

Read more about this mod...

2. Brain Chutney

Brain Chutney Void-Bound Voyager

3. Harakhti

Harakhti Phantasmal Quasar

dat shading m8 :nurucool:

4. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Wow, this looks fantastic! I don't really understand why you removed the Floran's chest-leaf though, since all the other edits seem to simply add detail to what's already there.

I wonder, could I perhaps see about making compatability patches for Starface and Better Avians? I'd love to use all three mods together, but, eh, it wouldn't really work what with the way Starbounds sprite system works. If I get permission from all the authors I'd probably release patches. (in modules, because everyone loves modules)

5. Motionless

Thanks. It was mostly just personal preference for the floran edits.
    Sounds like a good idea to give people more options to pick and choose from. You can use this mod and assets however you want. I don't mind. :up: Good Luck!

6. ComanderKerman

ComanderKerman Space Spelunker

Mod doesn't work for me, place it here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound - Unstable\giraffe_storage\mods". This right? it doesnt crash the game or anything of an error, it just wont load the assets.

7. Shaadaris

You may have forgotten to unzip it.
    I forget what format this mod is in - if it's a .zip, .rar, or some other form like that but not a .modpak, then you have to unzip it with 7zip, Winrar, or something like that, and make sure there isn't an extra layer of folder added after unzupping.
    Because this is just a graphical mod, it should work in any version and be very easy to install, so that's the only reason for this behaviour, or lack thereof, that I can think of.

8. ComanderKerman

ComanderKerman Space Spelunker

Okay, I did unzip it and it works. Just wanted you to know. :D

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hey Motionless, do you think you could make a version without belly buttons on everything except Humans and Apex? Also, maybe one with underwear for Humans? And maybe one without cleavage for Avians, Hylotls and Florans?

10. Motionless

Here you are. I hope this is what you meant! :)
    Alternate Download
    Also added it to main page incase anyone else wanted it.

11. Mackinz

Two out of three ain't bad... but what about breast-less versions of the Avians, Hylotl and Floran?

12. Motionless

Oh you meant breast-less? I just went ahead and took out the cleavage, lol. It sort of reduces the breast-like look. Changing to breast-less would take a bit more time.
    Do you want the shape of it removed or just the definition? Are there any mods or pictures you had in mind that would show this better?

13. Mackinz

I do have images, yes.

Avian:
    femalebody.png
    Floran:
    femalebody.png
    Hylotl:
    femalebody.png

Attached Files:

14. Motionless

Motionless updated Detailed Species with a new update entry:

Optional Files

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pinkbat5 likes this.
  15. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the update! This is a great mod, I love the extra shading.
    However, I think there's a few bugs you might need to iron out. The avian tail feathers don't change colour properly (they always keep the default coppery shade), and two pixels on the human panties have the same problem. :c
    Er, it'd be nice if you could fix that.. But other than that, wonderful mod!

16. Motionless

Oops! I'll take a look and hopefully fix it shortly. Thanks for feedback!
    Edit: Did you update your species folder in the mod? some colours were added for those two underwear pixels.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Pinkbat5 likes this.
  17. Motionless

Pinkbat5 likes this.
  18. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Where can I find my species folder?

19. Motionless

Why are you looking for a species folder? If you mean the mod folder it is located in
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods" Path may vary
    After you extracted the mod there, there will be a folder called "Detailed Species" and inside that is a species folder. However there isn't really any need to touch it. You only need to use the "humanoid" folder if you want to change the optional images.

20. Shaadaris

Oh, wow, you've been busy!
    Jeez, I guess the majority, if not all of my compatability patch ideas are pointless now :p (Not that I was getting any responses/permission asides from yours anyway ''>.>)
    At least that's what I'm gathering from the optional file descriptions. Haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Might I suggest putting images on the mod page detailing the options and their changes?

Relten likes this.