RELEASED Dewmetrius Valley [Scientifically Controversial!]

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by DJOkamical, Mar 11, 2016.

?

Would you marry Demetrius?

1. Heck yeah!

53.6%
  2. Heck yeah!

15.0%
  3. Heck yeah!

19.3%
  4. Heck yeah!

12.1%
  1. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

oh my god....this is scary LOL

• Robicon

Robicon Space Spelunker

I really appreciate the surrealistic atmosphere this mod provides, please allow me to add to it!

I've tried my hand at making some of the love interests, starting with
      Elliot:
      Elliott.png

Maru:
      Maru.png Maru_Hospital.png

Sebastian:
      Sebastian.png

and, as a bonus, Gunther:
      Gunther.png

• Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Void-Bound Voyager

@Robicon
        I find it challenging to spot any differences between the real and modded Maru.

Zosa, rchpweblo and asdasdgfrw like this.
        • Tyrian

Tyrian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm, very interesting and unusual mod.
          How about legendary Demetrius fishies with a Demetrius head instead of a fish in the fishing minigame?

• Oyakodown

Oyakodown Subatomic Cosmonaut

Demetrius livestock? Anyone? :confused:

• Sahfiel

Sahfiel Void-Bound Voyager

Favorite mod so far, this is brilliant!~ <3 The demetrius texture replacers everywhere were getting creepy. I almost feel like someone should make one that gives all the guys and everyone "baggage" (exes, whatever) like they are saying Leah has. No clue how that would be done.. haha. (apparently being in a relationship before disqualifies her according to some people on a forum.. wut? Seriously, the internet is so creepy sometimes.) I almost wanna put a big "100% certified not virgin" sticker on everyones forehead. It might horrify them.

Vixxi likes this.
              • Robicon

Robicon Space Spelunker

...Does that imply that I've done a good job, or that I haven't really done anything? :nurucool:

Anyways, I was thinking of trying George next. Unless someone is already demetriusing him?

farmvillesux likes this.
                • DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

• rchpweblo

rchpweblo Void-Bound Voyager

So, here are a few things.

One, this is freaking awesome keep up the good work!

Two, rocks need to look like Demetrius, as in the mineable ones, of all sizes.

Three, any characters who have been changed in to Demetrius need to have their house map labels updated. Also letters and requests from said characters will be signed as Demetrius (or maybe not, it could get confusing, but what if every body was numbered! (Image the thrilling introductions! "Hi, I'm Demetrius 13, and this is my friend, Demetrius 8, oh and look, its my cousin, Demetrius 4))

Four, Pierre's general store needs to be Demetrius' general store, and Jojo Mart needs to be Demetrius Mart. Also the furniture items need Jojo changed as well and so does
                  the soda, plus they should all be reskined to feature a Demetrius face.

Five, all crops need to be reskined to look similar to Demetrius' face, and that includes the fruit that hangs on fruit trees.

Five, all buildable buildings need to feature a Demetrius some where.

Six, a Demetrius themed furniture set is a must.

Seven, that Leah retexture from earlier in the thread needs to have Demetrius faces on the fronts of the bikini.

Eight, all TV channels as well as food dishes need to feature a Demetrius.

Nine, ambient creatures such as the squirrels and birds that run from the player when approached need to have a Demetrius face on them.

Ten, those generic big leafy round bushes need to be trimmed to resemble a Demetrius face.

Eleven, honey labels and jelly/pickle lids need to have a Demetrius logo on them.

Twelve, artifacts need to be skined to Demetrius. As in the dolls look similar to Demetrius, the golden mask looks like Demetrius' face, the fossils that are in stone need to feature different Demetrius expressions.

Thirteen, rain or any other weather with particles needs to have said particles look like Demetrius' face.

Fourteen, Treasures in the fishing minigame need to be a Demetrius face.

Fifteen, Junimos need to be reskined to be little Demetrius heads, and scare crows need to be Demetrius-ized.

I would love to help with the spriting, its just that I'm not entirely sure how to get the base images or make my modified ones into a mod. If any one could tell me how, then I might just be able to pull away from playing the game for enough time to make a sprite or two a week or so. So tell me! So the Demetrius revolution may begin!

Edit: I would actually prefer if I just give the image files out and have them incorporated in to the base mod, with credit given. I still want to know where the textures are and how to make texture mods though, so any pointers or help is still apreciated!

• rchpweblo

rchpweblo Void-Bound Voyager

Also, YES!

• Robicon

Robicon Space Spelunker

Here's Demetrius!
                      George.png

I made Demetrius' face a bit older looking this time, but not nearly as old as George to make sure he was readily recognizable.

• DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

Added Robicon's George (Will add the rest of his amazing Demetrius's here in a few).
                        Sorry I've been slow on the updates everyone, thanks for continuing to submit to and enjoy our baby~ :>

• Robicon

Robicon Space Spelunker

I'm glad you like them!

I decided to go with our friendly neighbourhood clerk Pierrius this time (or is that Demetrierre?).
                          Pierre.png

The glasses make him look a lot like Pierre, even though I created a completely new 3/4-view face for Demetrius.
                          I'll upload it here in case anyone else wants to use it as a base for any of the other townies.
                          [​IMG]
                          The expressions are mostly based on Demetrius', except for the last one which is based on Pierre.

EpicAdventure and farmvillesux like this.
                          • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

So I was watching Alpha_Omegasis' stream the other day, where he edited the code to make Grapes grow on trees and I thought to myself.. Why doesn't Demetrius grow on trees?

I think this is absolutely necessary and should be carried out in the name of science.

Alpha's Modding Guide

It's in segment .VII Fruit Trees where he swaps out the previous fruit on the tree for grapes.

farmvillesux likes this.
                            • Phantomhive

Phantomhive Orbital Explorer

Just imagine how beautiful your toddlers's sprites would look with his face

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

I want my toddlers to tell me to not mess with Maru because she has a bright future and then lie about it for him/them when she walks back into the room.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
                                  Robicon likes this.
                                • Robicon

Robicon Space Spelunker

Happy Egg Festival, everyone!

Enjoy the new henetrius!
                                  BabyBrown Chicken.png BabyWhite Chicken.png BabyVoid Chicken.png
                                  Brown Chicken.png White Chicken.png Void Chicken.png

• Kartoffy

Kartoffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This topic is..............awesome! Hahahaha :rainbowbarf: :rofl:

• Robicon

Robicon Space Spelunker

Hello again

It's been a busy week for me, so I haven't been able to contribute for a while.
                                      Poor George was left all alone, so I thought it was time to add his caring wife, Demelyn
                                      Evelyn.png
                                      and his beloved grandson Alemetrius
                                      Alex.png

I'll probably be another week or so before I have time to add anyone else, but I hope you won't lose interest in this mod. I'd love to see more contributions from others, even if it's just a single sprite or portrait. Given the amount of content in the game, I don't think everything will be converted, but all additional Demetrii will add to the surrealism. Just grab whatever you like and Demetrify it!

I especially liked Popette's melon, the dig spot by carnage157 and the shipping box and rock crab by Jeremiah Gottwald. :nuruflirt: They were all quite unexpected!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
                                      • Iffydust

Iffydust Starship Captain

Never lose interest, this is gold ^^

farmvillesux and Robicon like this.